Sr. Program Manager, Team Enterprise at Atlassian (Remote)
**Candidates must sit in PST**
Atlassian is seeking a Sr. Program Manager to lead and deliver complex, cross-functional R&D programs that serve the needs of our Enterprise customers and customers in regulated industries such as the US Government, US Healthcare, and Global Financial Services. We recognize these customers' unique needs, driven by characteristics such as size, compliance requirements, organizational structure, or risk appetite, as they migrate to SaaS offerings of the Atlassian products.
As a member of 'Team Enterprise', this Program Manager will work with a program management team to drive the delivery of multi-org, cross-geo programs in the regulated industries and data management domains. Well-versed in agile program management, they must identify and manage the risks and dependencies between teams for several programs of work. They will be defining multiple workstreams, milestones for delivery, and contributing to operating rhythms - including quarterly planning, program roadmaps, collaboration mechanisms, and risk management.
Teams building Atlassian's major cloud products all rely on a robust, reliable platform to securely deploy their code from development to production, following compliance standards. The Enterprise teams work collaboratively with platform and product teams to build the capabilities required to enable a robust platform that supports leading work management products. You will understand the 'why' behind strategic plans and drive teams to execute them. You will guide reporting mechanisms, craft communications for various audiences (including executives), set processes for cross-team projects, and/or jump into a team to help connect and unblock their work.
To be successful in this role, you will be able to engage with many cross-functional teams, leaders, and stakeholders (with varying perspectives!), to deliver projects aligned to the strategic plan. We are looking for a dynamic individual who thrives in making order out of ambiguity. Alongside leaders and colleagues, you will develop and apply practices, plays, agile frameworks, enabling autonomous, empowered, and motivated teams.
In this role you will:
- Lead the delivery of prioritized programs against milestones, that align with the Team Enterprise and Company strategy
- Work directly with Engineering leaders on technically complex programs of work
- Clearly communicate across teams using tools available such as Zoom meetings, Slack, Jira updates, and Confluence pages - ensuring a broad understanding of status, decisions, risks, dependencies, and insights.
- Ensure the teams you work with are planning and setting the right goals, and executing on those goals effectively following good tracking and standardized reporting methods.
- Negotiate across many teams and stakeholders to broker commitments and program roadmaps, driving a high degree of predictability; re-baselining based on new information and effectively managing complex dependencies.
- Proactively surface program issues and risks early while ensuring clear understanding and resolution/mitigation plans are in place.
- You love running complex cross-functional projects in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- You are an excellent collaborator specifically with software development teams and a communicator that can expertly influence and coach change across teams
- You're a multiplier, passionate about software product teams, with a focus on teamwork and how we can work better together
- You are a progressive problem-solver, can think creatively, and lead brainstorming sessions to address problems that come up
- You are able to prioritize and ask the right questions
- You have experience working closely with highly technical teams and are skilled in anticipating risks and dependencies in technical programs.
- You know when to run with something on your own and when to ask for help
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Relevant professional experience and demonstrated success as a Program Manager, running complex initiatives within globally distributed teams.
- An ability and a passion to communicate clearly and confidently with stakeholders ranging from senior management to early-career Atlassian's in engineering, product, program management, or design disciplines
- A track record of setting appropriate expectations, collaborative execution, and on-time delivery
- An ability to balance priorities among the long-term vision and short-term execution strategy
- You have experience working directly with Engineering leaders on technically complex programs of work, fostering a shared understanding between technical and non-technical team members
- Strong understanding of the software development lifecycle
- You are familiar with Agile methodologies and are able to draw upon best practices, patterns and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a future Atlassian.
- You are comfortable with change and ambiguity, and can creatively think on your feet to adapt
- Attention to detail: successful history of closing loops and delighting customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills adjusted for different audiences
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Understanding of the complexities of SaaS platforms and products and how they work together
- Understanding of regulatory compliance frameworks like GDPR, FedRAMP and HIPAA, cloud security, and data management requirements like data encryption and data residency
- Knowledge and experience with Jira and Confluence as agile program management tools
More about our team
We are a team on a mission to ensure that R&D can successfully scale. Specifically, R&D Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity, and serve as the grease and the glue to ensure teams deliver complex cross-functional programs as seamlessly as single team projects. Our impact is amplified beyond delivery through our work to advance the program management craft. We band together to develop and apply practices, patterns (plays), and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a Future Atlassian.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .