Sr. Project Manager
We live in a moment of remarkable change and opportunity that is cognitive computing. The convergence of data and technology is transforming industries, society and even the workplace. CognitiveScale is looking for talent to drive market success by building cognitive business solutions.
We are seeking a Senior Project Manager with project management experience in a professional services environment. An ideal candidate will have proven experience in leading large-scale enterprise software consulting projects and/or big data analytics. This role is client facing, keeping the client informed of the project status as well as articulating and helping resolve complex technical issues. This person also fosters positive team environments and thrives when collaborating with cross functional development teams. In this role, you will have the opportunity to put cognitive computing in action to truly change the world! If this sounds interesting then let’s talk about how you can contribute to our successful delivery of high quality solutions for CognitiveScale. We are on an awesome journey, so come join us!
- Keep clients and other stakeholders well informed of project status and serve as liaison between technical leads and client across multiple projects
- Identifies and manages technical dependencies across multiple client engagements from definition phase through implementation
- Manages multiple project teams within budget and project schedule
- Partners with the client to define success criteria before, during, and after implementation
- Lead project team members through Agile ceremonies and track task and project status
- Develops a deep understanding of client’s strategy, business goals, and needs
- Cultivates strong relationships with the client and key stakeholders to ensure project success
- Leverages big data analytics experience to meet clients cognitive computing requirements
- Understand Cognitive Scale’s products and technology to identify potential use cases and decipher complex client problems
- Builds and maintains client project plan, ensuring strong communication between CognitiveScale’s team and the client
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Information Systems, Engineering or Mathematics
- 8-12 years of services, delivery or consulting experience
- PMP and/or ScrumMaster Certification
- Experience delivering and implementing enterprise IT solutions such and/or Big Data Analytics from proposal through implementation
- Self-managed, entrepreneurial spirit, ability to easily adapt and work in a team environment
- Proven ability to create, implement, and measure the success of solutions from ambiguous business needs
- Experience working in Agile development environment and Atlassian tool suite
- Strong pro-active focus on client success
- Team and project leadership experience in a consulting role
- Ability to articulate technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Strong communication skills with C-suite executives and employees
- Ability to travel to client engagement sites
CognitiveScale is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CognitiveScale does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
CognitiveScale is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please: no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at CognitiveScale via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of CognitiveScale. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by CognitiveScale as a result of the referral or through other means.