Sr. Project Manager
Leading uniquely at the intersection point of technology and social good, Blackbaud provides software, services, expertise, and data intelligence that empowers and connects people to advance the social good movement. We serve the entire social good community, which includes nonprofits, foundation, corporations, education institutions, and the individual change agents who support them. We work with over 40,000 organizations, helping them realize their goals, fund their missions, manage their operations, and develop long-lasting supporter relationships. Our customers are passionate about making the world a better place, and we’re inspired by the opportunity to help them.
Where else can you work alongside talented people, develop a rewarding career and create impactful tools for some of the world’s most successful and socially responsible nonprofits? For over thirty years, Blackbaud has been a leader in non-profit management solutions. In that time, we’ve been instrumental in the success of over twenty-five thousand organizations, helping them build and manage the supporter relationships that fuel their missions. At Blackbaud we have it all: a growing, fast-paced software business, an environment where you can thrive professionally and the everyday reward of knowing that you’re part of a community that’s enabling meaningful change.
As a Blackbaud Enterprise Senior Project Manager, you’ll be accountable for the entire project lifecycle leveraging standard project delivery methodology to serve as the baseline for projects to follow. You’ll apply your business and technical knowledge in the development of project plans and tools, and will partner with our web development, UX, design, and data integration teams to manage the delivery and implementation of solutions.
Key activities that will ensure client and project success include:
- Development of project plans including strategy definition, resource allocation, timelines and milestones, and contingency planning
- Collaboration across Blackbaud corporate teams to effectively identify and design high-impact solutions
- Partnership with clients in mutual pursuit of successful project outcomes, with a specific focus on demonstrating alignment of Blackbaud products and services to organizations business challenges
- Management of project implementation methodology and teams, including risk management, staff mentoring and deliverable quality assurance
- Work to streamline and improve processes to ensure client satisfaction during project delivery.
- Acting as a client advisor, demonstrating deep knowledge of Blackbaud products and industry subject-matter expertise
- Operations management including technical and project documentation, contract management and reporting
- Serve as a liaison to other Blackbaud departments
What we'd like you to have:
- 5-7 years of experience interacting directly with clients in a Professional Services role such as a Project Manager, Business Analyst, Consultant, etc.
- 3 years of experience in project management, preferably managing medium to large Web-based product implementations for Blackbaud’s Luminate Solutions
- Demonstrated depth in project management dynamics including relevant tools (MS Project, MS Office) and procedures (scope and timeline management)
- Excellent execution and operational capabilities
- Experience dealing with customer escalations in a matrix environment
- Ability to influence others to gain consensus on a desired outcome
- High degree of autonomy and ability to collaborate across multiple internal and external stakeholder organizations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to influence at all levels of client engagement
- Creative and critical thinker with the ability to manage multiple priorities
- Willingness to act with empowerment to think innovatively and creatively on ways to provide clients solutions and improve Blackbaud processes
- Knowledge of Blackbaud products and the non-profit industry are a plus
- PMP certification desirable but not required
Why you’ll want to come work here:
- Competitive salary (commission/bonus based on type of role), 4 weeks paid time off, great benefits (medical, dental, vision, FSA), 401K match
- Gift matching, volunteer for vacation program, and endless community involvement opportunities
- Named to Forbes’ Fast Tech 25 and Fortune’s Change the World List; we are growing and offer incredible opportunity for advancement
- Tremendous company culture and office perks as well as a new cutting-edge new headquarters completed in 2018
Blackbaud is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
To all recruitment agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.