Sr Technical Program Manager at Amazon
Amazon OpsTech Engineering is seeking a Networking Technical Program Manager for our team in Austin, TX. The OpsTech Networking team develops the networks for all of Amazon’s fulfillment business supporting retail operations. If you are passionate to help next generation networks that power Robotics and IoT in retail space, this is the role.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced Technical Program manager who will be responsible for leading multiple simultaneous networking programs in a highly cross-functional environment which includes internal customers, network engineering, network deployment and operations teams, as well as external vendors.
You’ll provide leadership for program teams to continue to support large scaling network designs and deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class customer experience. This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, and you’ll need to be able to deal with ambiguity and solve complex problems. You’ll have high standards for yourself and everyone you work with, in a dynamic, challenging, and fast-changing organization. Using data and key metrics, you will also drive and measure process improvements that enhance our operational effectiveness.
The candidate will require proven project management, critical thinking and problem solving skills. The candidate should be open to new challenges, extremely good at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed and a great team player. Candidates should drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with cross-functional networking, software engineering and IT operations teams to solve problems and implement new solutions.
A strong background in enterprise or datacenter network infrastructure is essential for your success in this position. You must have a proven track record of project completion that is on time and within budget. You must be able to command the intellectual respect of engineers as well as run extremely effective projects on compressed and timelines while dealing with ambiguity with grace and maturity.
Our engineers, TPMs, managers and leaders are innovators at heart; come join us and become integral to the technology company that is the past, present and future of retail and fulfillment operations
· Manage multiple competing cross-functional networking projects/programs simultaneously, some on a global scale.
· Interact with network development engineers, and software development engineers, project managers and senior management on a daily basis
· Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
· Work with engineers to develop detailed and creative solutions to complex problems, while keeping a watchful eye on timelines, risks and costs.
· Ensure consistency in deployed designs and track exceptions for follow-up
· Clarify and drive network project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or relevant degree/experience
· Experience in Networking technologies and building and/or operating networks
· 5+ years or program/ project management experience
· 5+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry
· In-depth knowledge of Networking Technologies, protocols and architectures
· In-depth knowledge and experience in developing operational metrics
· Experience in defining and implementing opportunities within an operational environment
· Experience in / management methodologies
· Experience with methodologies and Six- or similar qualification