BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce is looking for a Strategic Integration Consultant to assist our Partners in initial development and ongoing improvements of partner-built products and API integrations. This will require a solid grasp of various frontend frameworks and integration experience, as well as the ability to quickly switch between communicating technical and business requirements. You will have exposure to a highly customizable product on multiple platforms that are configured/engineered differently for each partner.
This role is critical to the successful launch and ongoing use of strategic partner integrations across key focus areas to propel the business forward. The role will interface directly with partners to handle questions and issues during a project. Must be especially detail-oriented, eager to learn and an upbeat self-starter who can work independently and in a group setting. The role is based out of Austin, Texas or may be remote and may require some travel in the future.
What You’ll Do:
- Solution design by leveraging partners’ and our own API documentation to jointly scope out integrations with our strategic partners based on initial business requirements. This will include but is not limited to: CMS (Content Management System), PWA (Progressive Web App), and hosting providers.
- Provide technical support and project delivery management with select partners who are building integrations to BigCommerce. You will be responsible for the final output, quality, and testing and communicating project status on a regular basis.
- Develop a strong partnership with our Product & Engineering organization as you will be required to understand the roadmap and communicate internally and externally of any constraints. Work with partners to enhance existing integrations as new platform capabilities become available.
- Provide input to our Product and Developer Documentation teams that we can use to improve our developer experience in future enhancements.
- You will work closely with Strategic Partner Managers, Product Management, Developer Documentation, and technical integration teams at partner organizations.
Who You Are:
- 3-5 years minimum of hands-on experience implementing API-based integrations in a high volume, fast-paced environment.
- Familiarity with web development, web performance best practices, and popular web frameworks and CMSes is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively architect and implement solutions within a diverse technical team of business partners, external developer/engineers, and internal teams.
- Master Communicator - Strong written and oral communication skills including communication of technical reference materials for partner/internal consumption (who may be non-technical).
- Technical Competence & Eager Student - Strong troubleshooting, diagnostic and analytical skills and passion for learning and honing new skills and knowledge quickly.
- Organized - Attention to detail, exceptional follow-through, the ability to prioritize, stay organized, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Composed - You are cool under pressure, professionally mature, and know-how to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, but you also thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
- Comfortable using technology - Strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. Knowledge of Github is a plus.
- Travel Flexible - Ability to travel domestically as needed. This job may require 5-10% travel (~2-5 weeks annually) to meet with partners which may require overnight stays or week-long stays at locations (depending on project). Travel is currently not expected due to the pandemic, but may resume as situations change.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.