BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, the leading cloud commerce platform for fast-growing brands, is looking for an ambitious Partner Manager to join our growing team. The Strategic Business Development Team partners with best of class solutions that help enable growth for our customer base of over 55,000 merchants. In this role you will create partnerships with some of the world’s largest tech companies, encouraging our merchants to drive revenue and adoption for themes, analytics, SSLs, domains
As a Strategic Partner Manager, Themes & Analytics, you will leverage your knowledge product and partnership experience, combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities to build and execute strategic plans that drive partner solution growth. You have a background in e-commerce, digital shopper experience or UX knowledge, and you love numbers, analysis, reporting and data to drive business decisions. Most importantly, you are a gritty self-starter, with a proven track record of providing problem solving leadership, creatively generating revenue growth and forging long-term strategic partnerships.
What You’ll Do
- Build, execute and optimize cross-functional strategies and plans to drive adoption and revenue growth for BigCommerce’s theme, analytics and SaaS add-on partner solutions portfolios
- Collaborate with Product Management and Product Marketing to define product and partner strategies that meet current and future clients’ needs, provide differentiation to the BigCommerce platform, and generate revenue from joint solution offerings
- Cultivate a thriving ecosystem of theme and analytic partners by identifying, recruiting and nurturing targeted partners to contribute to client success KPIs and product portfolio needs
- Analyze revenue and adoption trends and propose and implement client success and revenue growth projects. Measure and report on the status of various programs, including revenue and main KPIs, and bring key individuals together for action plans to course correct or to accelerate activity based on results. Provide analysis and recommendations for improvements as well as closeout projects with a final analysis presentation/reporting.
- Lead cross-functional planning, organization, prioritization and execution of programs to achieve revenue goals and client success metrics
- Collaborate with selling, marketing and products teams to create and optimize marketing and sales motions and to take new offerings to market (GTM planning and execution)
- Optimize end-to-end client experience to drive further product adoption through cross-sell and bundling activities, theme and app marketplace improvements and merchandising, in-product recommendations and other key marketing and communication channels
Who You Are
- 5+ years related progressive, professional experience in partner management and product management required.
- Previous experience within a SaaS platform or eCommerce solution and how to drive product adoption required
- 3+ years of owning revenue quota numbers
- 3+ years of experience in Salesforce processes, tracking, and reporting. Including ability to create, manage and manipulate basic reports within Salesforce required.
- Marketing and sales motions/GTM (proven background to drive adoption of products)
- Technically-savvy and also experienced with spreadsheet software and interpreting business intelligence reports
- Bachelor’s degree in business or similar field preferred
- Strategic Thinker - You can see the big picture and how all of the pieces fit together to create plans that drive short and long term success
- Organized - You can marshal the resources you need to get things done, simultaneously manage multiple priorities and/or projects, and deliver key milestones on time.
- A Planner - You have strong attention to detail, accurately scope out the length and difficulty of tasks and projects, anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks, and easily develop and maintain schedules.
- Master Communicator - You provide the information people to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client/partner relationship skills are critical.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and exude a strong sense of teamwork by working effectively, respectfully, and efficiently with all team members.
- Action-Oriented - You have a passion for getting things done, carry out responsibilities with minimal direction, enjoy working hard, are full of energy for challenges, and seize opportunities more than others.
- Detail-oriented- You are capable of dissecting the nuances of any project, when necessary, and recognize how critical it is to ensure that the small details are in line with the overall objectives
- Driven - You are bottom-line oriented, can be counted on to exceed goals, and are constantly pushing yourself and others for results.
- Business Acumen - You know how businesses work, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and know the competition.
- Composed - You are cool under pressure, professionally mature, and know-how to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Flexible - You not only cope with change, but you also thrive on it and can shift gears comfortably.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.
Current BigCommerce Employees: Please use the internal job board to apply for openings