BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
The Strategic Partner Technical Consultant is a shared resource responsible for providing technical guidance both internally for the SBD team, and externally for existing and prospective technology partners.
In this role, you will work closely with Partner Managers to understand the needs of their partner and provide guidance on building best-in-class applications for the BigCommerce platform. You will serve as SBD’s partner-facing source of knowledge, backed by additional support from other support and service roles within BigCommerce.What You’ll Do:
- Lead technical discussions with prospective technology partners - helping them understand the range of what is technically possible when building to the BigCommerce platform, and handing off to paid services such as Solution Architects when a deeper level of collaborative design is required.
- Assist existing technology partners in tracking bugs or answering occasional platform-related questions, and handing off to paid services such as Technical Account Managers when a deeper level of 1:1 support is required.
- Maintain a strong understanding of current platform capabilities, future roadmap items, and have the skill required to effectively communicate these technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Work closely with Partner Managers and the Strategic Product Consultant to identify key partners for participating in Beta programs.
- Assist existing technology partners in understanding the impact of new product releases. This could include 1:1 technical discussion, or development of ‘upgrade’ documentation to be shared to a wider partner audience.
- Work closely with the Strategic Product Consultant to provide input on platform and product enhancements that are requested by our partners.
- Collaborate with our Developer Documentation team - ensuring Partner Managers are equipped with up-to-date best practices that can be shared with their partners.
- Maintain a system for tracking the utilization of consulting hours by partner - allowing for the identification of items such as: support trends that relate to gaps in our developer documentation, or partners that would be best suited for alternate support resources.
- Technical Background
- 3+ years of experience working with SaaS platforms.
- Software engineering background with experience working on a development team (Junior Software Engineer, Junior QA Engineer, etc) preferred.
- Extensive experience working with APIs and front-end development tools; capable of testing and debugging requests.
- Formal training or equivalent experience with at least one server-side scripting language required.
- Problem Solver - You are able to quickly gather and understand the complex needs of our partners, and think critically and creatively to help provide solutions.
- Highly Organized - You have mastered the art of context switching, and the ability to keep track of numerous deliverables at any given time.
- Master Communicator - You have an exceptional ability to communicate with and influence both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Knowledge Seeker - You are curious and passionate about new technologies, and excited to jump in and learn something new.