TECHNICAL ADVISOR - MINERAL MANAGEMENT/LAND
Why YOU want this position:
Work on a team of well-rounded O&G experts bent on learning from one another, helping our clients, and having a good time doing it!
Drillinginfo has been bringing together some of the leading tools for mineral management and land acquisition with the additions of MineralSoft, DI Courthouse, Land Tracs, and the Mineral Appraisal Database. This position would work to help demonstrate the substantial competitive advantages of these tools, pulling from your background to create examples of how clients would use them.
Technical Advisors influence our clients and products alike. With over 3,000 member companies, Drillinginfo’s client base is the perfect place to learn or influence breakthroughs from inside their offices. This is a platform to not only absorb and advise the energy space on best practices, but also to build a personal brand by publishing papers or by speaking at industry events.
This position interacts mainly with Drillinginfo Account Executives/Managers and clients in North America.
About the Role:
- Lead technical discussion and presentations in client sales meetings, after being pulled in and introduced by the account owner from Drillinginfo, focusing on telling a story using our tools about recent industry headlines and deals.
- Advise Drillinginfo salespeople and clients on which offerings will have the most impact.
- Present effectively in a variety of settings from one-on-one with a C-level client, to group meetings of all sizes.
- Round out your expertise by developing domain expertise in other offerings (Financial Services, Subsurface, Analytics, Geology, and Engineering).
- Aid teams like Business Development and Marketing with technical guidance on messaging and content.
- You will be counted on to exceed individual goals successfully; pushing yourself and others for results.
- Expectations for travel are 30-40% to attend client meetings, trade shows, and company events.
Competitive Candidate Profile:
- They will have land experience evaluating oil and gas assets or transactions.
- They will have dealt with putting together deals: calculating and combining mineral interests, as well as adding to or monitoring an existing mineral portfolio.
- They stay up-to-date with new acquisitions or industry headlines.
- This candidate is proactive in finding solutions and unafraid to ask questions.
- They track trends in mineral management and how these improvements influence a company’s economics.
- They are used to providing analysis and presenting an original conclusion on their findings.
- Furthermore, an ideal candidate will have earned an MBA, has existing knowledge of competitive products (Quorum, MineralWare, IHS, RS Energy, etc), and enjoys publishing their work.