Technical Consulting Team Lead
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's built on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
We are currently seeking a PS Team Lead for the Professional Services team at Ping Identity to support our growing Directory/DataGovernance delivery practice. The Professional Services team is part of our Global Customer Success organization at Ping and delivers professional services for federated identity and access management solutions across our entire product platform including: API Security, Single Sign On, Multi-Factor Authentication, Access Management, Directory, and Data Governance. This includes architecture consulting, installation, configuration, extension, and software connection solutions.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for coaching and mentoring a technical consulting team and delivering quality consulting solutions to our customers. The Professional Services Team Lead is expected to take initiative and balance time between multiple activities including team leadership, supporting complex services sales efforts, and delivering engagements to customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staff Enablement
- Define career path + skill & knowledge rqmts per role/level
- Interview team candidates and make recommendations
- Steward initiatives to share practice knowledge
- Define quarterly/annual learning plans for each practice participant
- Hold reg. community meets to foster collab. & share knowledge
- Regular (e.g., bi-weekly) 1:1s with staff
- Partner Enablement
- Support partner training & enablement programs and events
- Capture best practices & lessons learned from partners
- Product Improvement
- Provide engineering feedback on top serviceability requests
- Delivery Quality
- Achieve team utilization targets, focus on enabling scalable team
- QA on significant delivery engagements
- Delivery support, as required, for new/stretched staff
- Short burst architecture and/or deployment reviews
- Define quality standard & methodologies
- Evolve best practices, tools, & other knowledge assets (KAs)
- Package delivery kits to ensure consistency & repeatability
- Maintain & assign backlog of bench projects to improve KAs
- Services Sales Support
- Support sales efforts as a SME for complex/first of kind engagements
- Maintain estimating models & SOW templates for consistent delivery
- Ensure assumptions/exclusions minimize delivery risk
- Participate in the development of relevant new offerings
- Ability to present project solutions to clients, manage client expectations, and implement and deliver solutions
- World class, interpersonal verbal & written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- High standard for solution quality
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to self manage and independently deliver solutions
- Strong leadership, mentoring, and coaching skills
- Security certification such as CISSP/CIPP/CIPM
- Experience with:
- Databases (Oracle, Sybase, MSSQL, MySQL).
- Working knowledge in AWS space with various AWS services and implementations (i.e. VPCs, SES, RC2, R3, Route 53, Cloud Formation, etc.)
- XACML policy language.
- Java template engines like Apache Velocity or Thymeleaf.
- Implementing solutions with social APIs including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.
- Building and using web APIs (SOAP, XML, REST, JSON, SCIM).
- Java, development of servlets, Spring Security, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work across a broad range of technologies to deliver complex solutions.
- Lead projects to deliver technical solutions in complex environments.