Technical Program Manager, Internal Software and Infrastructure Engineering at MongoDB
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Program Management team is responsible for devising, implementing, and improving the processes (and associated tools) that help MongoDB succeed in everything we do. As a Program Manager, you’ll sit at the intersection of every business unit and be responsible for delivering critical software and services to stakeholders across the entire company.The right candidate for this role will be
- Have 3-4 years of experience leading a team and delivering projects on schedule for software or technical organizations
- Have at least 2 years experience working as a Software Developer and using Kubernetes, and Infrastructure as a Service.
- Able to maintain a strategic view of our software engineering process even while executing on the minutiae of everyday development
- Skilled at communicating across a diverse set of engineers and their stakeholders
- Hyper-organized and capable of juggling all of the data associated with projects and task-tracking
- Knowledgeable of and experienced with implementing Agile standard methodologies
- Self motivated and driven with a sense of urgency, and ability to define priorities
- Able to appreciate the engineering concepts being discussed, allowing them to facilitate discussion and flesh out the details required to ensure successful delivery
- Trained in working with project tracking software (JIRA)
- Demonstrated prioritization capabilities, with the ability to break down work into manageable parts while effectively assessing the priority and time required for completion
- Design and improve the processes and tools that drive our Internal Engineering and Infrastructure teams
- Market internal services to stakeholders
- Meet regularly with Stakeholders to understand their needs, manage communications, and project timelines
- Facilitate communication with other engineering teams, and ensure that roadmaps are aligned
- Identify risks to our releases, mitigating them where possible and communicating them when not
- Constantly expand your knowledge into new domains, and use your experience to drive success
- In 3 months you’ll have fully ramped on PM and Engineering teams processes
- In 6 months you’ll have taken complete ownership of executing those processes
- In 12 months you’ll have identified and implemented process improvements across Technical Operations
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.