Technical Program Manager, Unity Cloud Services
We are looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated Technical Program Manager to help ensure our users get excellent products and services shipped on time. In this role, you will work cross-functionally with engineering, product management, partner management, and other stakeholders, implementing solutions to ensure quality, predictability and transparency in the development process.
You are comfortable wearing multiple hats: diplomat, coach, reporter, translator, firefighter. Unity has a lot of moving pieces, and is constantly evolving. The specific shape this role takes will largely be determined by the person who fills it, responding to the changing needs of the organization. What do you see? Where can you help guide Unity to operate better?
Join us in building a cloud based Unity that powers current and future generations of real-time 3D content, guided by our long standing core values: Democratize Development, Solve Hard Problems, and Enable Developer Success.
- Drive the design and implementation of features end-to-end:
- Help Product Management with roadmap and feature definition
- Translate product goals into written technical specification and work plans that are actionable
- Help Development with architecture, thinking through technical risks and work estimation
- Work with QA to design test plans and build effective e2e testing strategies
- Drive operational excellence by planning and ensuring that live-site operations and customer support requirements are met
- Effectively manage trade-offs, risks and dependencies
- Align efforts across engineering, marketing, revenue, compliance and support teams to ensure cross-team goals are achieved in a timely fashion
- Bring complex open issues to resolution so that your team is unblocked
- Define and implement KPIs/success indicators and then track and communicate them
- Use effective communication, tools and project management strategies to ensure that product goals are met, stakeholders are informed and the team is up-to-date with progress
- Software engineering background in game development and/or developer tools and services
- Experience in software production / project management, working cross functionally within an engineering organization (or equivalent related experience)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Experience guiding teams through agile project management methodologies
- Literacy with multiple issue-tracking systems - JIRA, FogBugz, Favro, Trello, etc.
- Demonstrate a proactive, curious mindset
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.