The Cloudflare Program Management Office (PMO) manages various programs that cross-cut the entire organization. We are responsible for managing everything from GDPR readiness, disaster recovery, core resilience, product globalization/localization, to building a robust SDLC with continuous improvements, and driving highly complex initiatives that come with a rapidly growing, dynamic environment. We work with practically every team in the company to achieve business and technology driven objectives.
We shape high-level plans but are also not afraid to jump in and get our hands dirty. On an average day, you might be presenting new processes or improvements to existing ones to senior leadership, create an end to end execution plan with realistic estimates from all functions involved for a multi-quarter project, work with partner teams to consult on how to most efficiently solve a problem, iterate on templates and tools, consult on ways to accurately measure efficiencies, and generally make things happen. We have ultimate responsibility for understanding and solving the most pertinent needs, and manage through experience and influence to deliver concrete results.
We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us! We can’t wait to meet you.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated Technical Program Manager to join our Program Management Organization to manage exciting, fast-paced programs and initiatives related to Workers in the Emerging Technology and Incubation Team.
This is an amazing opportunity to partner with the ETI leadership team to build processes from soup to nuts (planning through retrospectives) and work with various functions to successfully plan, manage, and effectively balance risk and achieve business objectives. Your experience with development practices, tools, and methodology to design and roll out ways to drive teams to successfully meet growth goals, establish effective engagement models with various teams, and building strong partnerships across the organization will be highly valued and utilized.Who you are
- A relationship builder who can clearly communicate technical and non-technical issues to multiple stakeholders
- Organized, with the ability to facilitate and lead cross-functional projects and report on progress and findings
- A team player who strives to bring out the best in people, acting as a liaison and shared point of contact for the team and with external teams to ensure the most efficient processes and workflow
- You bring a passion for matching up business needs with technically innovative solutions, and excel at shifting between the two—understanding how big-picture goals inform technical details, and vice-versa.
What you'll do
- Lead and collaborate on multiple Workers programs and other ETI initiatives
- Engage with internal customers to plan requirements, manage cross-functional programs, and communicate information to project stakeholders
- Identify and evaluate various software tools and scalable processes to aid the team in scaling up growth
- Utilize tooling to automate and streamline processes to track project milestones and dependencies consistently
- Develop effective communication and teamwork across team members, departments, and external vendors
Desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- B.S. or equivalent experience
- Solid foundation on understanding software development, keen interest in working with complex technical operations, data structures, design, and building for scale.
- Minimum 7 years of project management or 3 years of program management experience.
- Proven track record on creating realistic project plans, manages issues and risks effectively, and overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Comfortable working with multiple time zones, cultures, and multiple cross-functional teams.
- Thrive on managing change effectively
- Strong competency with project management tools, especially Confluence, JIRA (admin-level experience strongly preferred), and various development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Kaizen, Scrum, etc).
- Curiosity and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving and ever changing environment.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.