Technical Program Manager at Expedia Group
Technical Program Manager
Do you cultivate an environment of continuous improvement, are you results-oriented and a creative problem solver?
At Expedia, our goal is to help millions of travelers find that perfect destination, flawless accommodation, or detailed activity to make their trip, magnificent. At the heart of this is Expedia's Data and AI Platform Services organization- a group dedicated to providing real time data and analytics to our partners, analyst community and leadership. We are committed to building best of business solutions using the latest technology and platforms, if this sounds exciting, keep reading!
This is a team of travel loving engineers building ground breaking tools helping our partners and travelers make decisions at the right time. Do you think you can take this team to the next level?
We have an opening to lead 2 development pods focusing on delivering data solutions. The industry is highly ambitious but always exciting! In this role you will be at the forefront of bringing technology and business together to revolutionize the world of travel - inventing in terms of ideas and technologies.
What you'll do:
- Own the portfolio lifecycle and solutions from inception and planning through end-user adoption.
- Partner with the product and engineering lead(s) to ensure the roadmap and backlog priorities are maintained to enable a smooth agile development process and minimize blockers.
- Supervise the team’s development velocity and facilitate the resolution of risks and blockers
- Collaborate with your product manager(s) and engineering teams ensuring epics and user stories are clearly defined and properly phased to facilitate timely delivery of functionality.
- Lead communication and solution delivery across multi-functional operating teams.
- Work with the engineering and product leadership teams to ensure they are fully engaged in strategic and tactical planning decisions.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of Technical Product/Program Management experience, ideally in a B2C high-transactional e-commerce environment
- High level of initiative, passion, and desire to create a world-class user experience for customers
- Demonstrated experience driving agile software development with engineering, quality assurance, and functional teams
- Experience collaborating on a cross-functional and cross-geography team.
- Willingness to share agile experiences and learning’s with other teams to help teams improve
- Demonstrated expertise in standard methodologies for software development, and the ability to evolve those practices according to technology and business trends
- Ability to lead teams through issue resolution and risk management
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex concepts to stakeholders
- Comfortable addressing large internal groups and leadership team members
- Shown track of record managing multiple, ongoing complex projects and implementing of e-commerce applications, while delivering on schedule
- Full product lifecycle management experience, including user acceptance testing, launch, and end of life processes
- Understanding of N-Tier software development architectures, relational and non-relational databases, cloud architecture, and data warehouse architecture
- Experience as a Business Analyst (BA) and/or Developer in engineering software environment strongly desired
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- BA/BS or equivalent preferably in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related fields (applicable experience may be substituted)
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, Vrbo®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® Cruise® and SilverRail Technologies, Inc. For more information, visit www.expediagroup.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.