At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department:
Cloudflare’s IT/Enterprise Engineering, Planning and Governance Team is a crucial pillar of the CIO Organization. It manages programs and initiatives across IT Infrastructure, Enterprise Systems, and Enterprise Engineering to enable Cloudflare internal teams to operate most efficiently. The team establishes end-to-end governance principles and frameworks, leads business partnering, drives program planning, execution and demand capacity management.
About the role:
We are looking for a highly skilled and self-motivated Technical Program Manager, IT/Enterprise Engineering with excellent communication skills who thrives on solving challenges to join our team. You will work with a team of talented engineers who are building innovative products that touch billions of web requests each day. Your main role will be to work with the team to plan, manage, execute, and track programs to successful completion. Our large programs span over multiple quarters involving Engineering, various Business Verticals and Technical Operations teams. In this role, you will play an active part in planning projects and be responsible for tracking dependencies, schedules and raising issues and risks.
You bring a passion for matching up business needs with building technically innovative solutions, and excel at shifting between the two—understanding how big-picture goals inform technical details, and vice-versa. You are able to implement and drive processes and persistently make progress. The ideal candidate is flexible and comfortable in playing multiple roles (diplomat, moderator, negotiator, reporter, coach, etc.), leading initiatives, and is able to adapt to changing situations.
- Manages full life-cycle project development including requirements, design, development, testing and roll-out.
- Develops transition plans including but not limited to user acceptance testing and facilitate various testing cycles.
- Works closely and cross-functionally with other teams to understand key deliverables, milestones and critical paths.
- Coordinates internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects.
- Owns project status and drives completion in accordance with deadlines, ensures that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Develops and manages end-to-end project plans, scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring process and technical feasibility.
- Develops a detailed project plan to track progress and identifies necessary resources and plan to achieve successful delivery.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with vendors and internal customers, and drives IT vendor engagements and internal customer deliveries.
- Manages and tracks deliverables and project performance for cross-functional IT projects covering a range of areas, and reports and escalates to upper management as needed.
- Uses appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs.
- Performs risk management to minimize project risks, tracks deliverables, evaluates timelines and creates mitigation plans with internal teams and vendors.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive project documentation and provides focus and direction to cross-functional team members to reach targets and deadlines.
- Collaborates with other PMs on internal processes, tools and workflows across multiple teams and functions across Cloudflare, in support of IT governance and project management methodologies, processes and procedures.
- Gathers business requirements and assists with translating requirements into future state design options.
- Documents overall system and process design to illustrate end-to-end workflow.
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge, and experience:
- BA/BS in Business Administration or Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 7+ years experience in project and program management.
- Strong competency with project management tools (Confluence, JIRA) and various project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Kaizen, Scrum, etc).
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and able to deal well with ambiguity.
- The ability to set agendas and facilitate meetings, while focusing in on critical path discussion topics and necessary decisions.
- Proven working experience in process optimization and the management of a system implementation project.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively and efficiently in a global fragmented environment.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail, the ability to self-prioritize and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to research issues, make evaluations on problems and recommend viable solutions.
- Proven track record on creating realistic project plans, and overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability.
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the technology sector, preferably with an international consulting firm.
- Thrive in a fast-paced iterative engineering environment, and embrace creating paths where none existed before
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
18.104.22.168: We released 22.214.171.124 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.