Technical Program Manager at Homeward (Remote)
Buying a home should be an exciting milestone. But all too often, it’s stressful, especially in a competitive market or when you’re buying and selling at the same time. So we’re redesigning the home-buying experience. We’re a fast-paced real estate startup that empowers agents to help homebuyers buy with cash. We buy homes on behalf of our partners’ clients with our cash, then the client buys the home back from us.
Founder and CEO Tim Heyl, a 10-year industry veteran and owner of one of the fastest-growing agent teams in the country, started Homeward in 2018. In fact, he bought our first customer’s home with his own life savings. Today we offer two services — Buy with cash and Buy before you sell.
We’ve raised more than $160MM in equity capital from top-tier venture investors, including Norwest, Blackstone Alternative Asset Management, Adams Street, Javelin, and LiveOak. Our leadership team includes experts from the real estate, mortgage, and technology industries.
About the opportunity
In this role, you will work closely with the Product, Engineering, and IT groups to help coordinate the development and implementation of technology solutions across the organization. Example project areas include: IT & security, third-party service integration, back-office optimizations, and significant product releases.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
In this role, you will
- Plan and coordinate the development of technology solutions across the organization.
- Work across organizational lines to ensure requirements are understood and actions are being taken in a timely manner.
- Prepare and coordinate “go-to-market” strategies for the projects you manage, internal or external, including documentation, education, etc.
- Help document processes to enable repeat successes, encourage self-service by users, and provide guidance for future projects.
What you'll bring
- 5+ years in technology, including 3+ years as a Technical Program Manager (or similar role).
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills.
- Experience working across organizational boundaries to coordinate implementation and rollout of technical projects.
- Experience with a wide array of technical areas (e.g. software engineering, information technology).
- Experience as an individual contributor in a technical field is a plus.
THE GOLDEN RULE
Whether we’re dealing with colleagues or customers, we follow The Golden Rule, treating others the way we want to be treated. It’s a simple rule, but it’s also significant: we don’t prioritize money or growth over people, and we practice empathy at every opportunity.
We work in tech and build solutions for real estate. Both are fast-paced and stressful industries. So it’s important that we focus on the larger objective rather than rushing from one task to the next. If something is out of scope, we say “No.” If something feels rushed, we pump the brakes. This calm focus helps us create solutions our customers love.
ONE TEAM, ONE DREAM
Big problems require big solutions. We look at our customers’ experience holistically, and recognize that solving them requires collaboration across teams. This approach extends to cooperation among our three affiliate companies — Homeward, Homeward Mortgage, and Homeward Title — and results in a better homebuying experience.