The Technical Program Manager will help support the delivery of software development, big data platform, and service delivery aspects of the Platform team's work.
Reporting to the VP of Platform you will be part of our Engineering team based in our Austin, Texas office.
What You’ll Be Doing - the day to day
· Promote Agile values, principles, and practices from team not only within the immediate teams but also in the larger organization.
· Grow Agile practices in all roles in the organization, striving to build a foundation of Agile supporting end to end product and service delivery.
· Schedule, manage and facilitate all Scrum events.
· Facilitate meetings and communication between product owner stakeholders, product managers, and development team members to ensure the highest value work is top priority in the backlog.
· Facilitate collaboration on a daily basis to remove impediments and reduce risk.
· Coach both development team members as well as product owners on basic Agile practices, scaling best practices and workflow practices.
· Foster an environment of trust and collaboration within the team.
· Build information radiators to ensure proper visibility and transparency between development teams, stakeholders, and the org.
· Identify, measure, and report on key metrics related to development and service processes, delivery cadence, backlog, and prioritization.
· Manage development team backlog, work prioritization, assignment, and tracking in Jira.
· Create, manage and publish team metrics and reporting from Jira.
· Coach and aid product owners and other stakeholders in their use of Jira as necessary.
· Be an excellent, timely communicator and able to provide regular updates to executive stakeholders and other parties throughout the organization.
Who You Are - the essentials
· 5+ years' experience working as a ScrumMaster and/or program management across multiple cross-functional teams in a technical organization.
· Deep understanding of Agile values and principles, as well as Scrum framework.
· Understanding of Kanban framework.
· Understanding of scaled Agile approaches, as well as other program management methodologies.
· Excellent facilitation, conflict mediation, and situational awareness skills.
· Assertive but empathetic with good emotional intelligence.
· Understanding, but not necessarily expertise across various cloud platforms, and software development and delivery tools.
· Curious with an appetite for learning and supporting teams spanning a wide array of technologies and practices.
Who You Are - the desirables (It’s a plus if you have):
· Experience with SRE, DevOps, or big data philosophies a plus.
· Experience with healthcare and/or public safety (EMS/Fire) a plus.
Benefits & Perks
ESO offers a comprehensive suite of benefits to promote health and financial security for our employees and their families. For full-time employment you this includes:
- Competitive health plans (medical, dental, & vision insurance)
- PTO (starting at 20 days) & 12 company holidays
- 401(k) with company match
- Telemedicine service provided by ESO
- Savings accounts (FSA, HSA, DCA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual health and wellness reimbursement
- Peace of mind benefits such as life insurance, disability insurance, and worksite benefits
- Paid parental leave, new child program, & flexible parental return-to-work options
- Casual office environments and unlimited office snacks and drinks
ESO is a fast-paced, growing data, technology, and research company passionate about improving community health and safety through the power of data. We pioneer innovative, user-friendly software to meet the changing needs of today’s EMS agencies, fire departments, and hospitals. We’re small enough to be nimble and fun, but big enough to be a great place to work. We serve thousands of customers out of our offices across the US, Canada and Northern Ireland.
Are you ready to Make a Difference? At ESO, we believe in bringing your true self to work every single day. If you don’t match all the qualifications on the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway! We are looking for passionate, innovative, and authentic people to help drive our mission.
In the spirit of ESO’s mission to “Improve Community Health and Safety through the Power of Data,” and in accordance with ESO’s duty to provide and maintain a workplace that is free of known hazards, ESO requires all United States (US) employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, regardless of if you work remotely or in office unless a reasonable medical or religious accommodation is requested in a timely manner and approved. This policy will help safeguard the health of our employees and customers, as well as the community at large.
All offers are contingent upon a successful background check and compliance with ESO’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
ESO is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We invite you to consider opportunities at ESO regardless of your gender; gender identity; gender reassignment; age; religion; race; national origin; political affiliation; sexual orientation; disability; veteran status; or other non-merit factor.
Read Full Job Description