Technical Project Manager - Anaplan at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers approximately 25 million Internet properties, for customers ranging from individual bloggers to SMBs to Fortune 500 companies. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare all have web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list and ranked among the World’s Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
What you'll do
We are looking for a results-driven Anaplan expert to join Cloudflare’s Anaplan Center of Excellence. This is a key position in a fast-paced high-tech company, utilizing a leading-edge technology environment. The Technical PM will partner with cross-functional teams in defining, designing, support building, and critical business solutions and processes on the Anaplan platform. You will lead a blended delivery approach with internal partners, to deploy Anaplan solutions efficiently and effectively.
They will also assist in maintaining existing models (25%), providing architectural guidance, and driving Anaplan best practices for initiatives across the company. The ideal candidate must have a deep understanding of end to end planning processes across FP&A or Sales Operations in addition to prior implementation experience with the Anaplan platform.
- Manage end to end project in collaboration with internal stakeholders to a successful deployment of Anaplan solutions
- Identify business requirements, requirements management, functional design, prototyping, process design (including scenario design, flow mapping), testing, training, defining support procedures and supporting implementations within Anaplan platform
- Act as the key liaison and business partner to the client at both the project management and executive level as needed
- Identify resource needs, manage resource time allocation and hold the team accountable to deadlines
- Monitor project timeline and ensure milestones are completed
- Deliver high-level presentations to audiences ranging from executives to system end-users
- Manage issues and risk by clearly presenting both internally and externally, escalating as needed, and deploying risk mitigation strategies as appropriate
- Reporting on available resources, budget, and project status to project sponsors and stakeholders
- Ability to work on multiple, concurrent tasks and adapt to shifting priorities, demands and timelines
- Effective communication and teamwork with project teams and collaboration with other departments
- Understand priorities, scope, timeline, goals, and key milestones
- Maintain customer focus and demonstrate leadership to drive consensus and project-related decisions
- Manage client expectations appropriately with the ability to manage relevant situations with a positive outcome
- Work closely with business partners to fully understand the pain points and areas of improvements across the platform
- Develop the Connected Planning environment across the business on Anaplan
- Follow Anaplan best practices for model design and implementation (Anaplan Way/Agile)
- Partner with extended BI/IT teams on data integration and automation
- Provide technical direction in the implementation of large-scale Anaplan projects
- Validate or challenge the way things have always been done and identify areas for process and/or support tool improvements and efficiencies
- Leverage business process knowledge and expertise in Anaplan area to drive business process improvements
Examples Of Desirable Skills, Knowledge And Experience
- Required: Anaplan Certified Model Builder (completion of Level 1 and 2 model building and Anaplan Way). Nice to have: Master Anaplanner certification
- •3+ years of project management, customer success management, and/or related experience and least 1 year experience implementing Anaplan at or with SaaS companies
- Understanding of how to translate what business wants to do in Anaplan, not just taking an existing poor process done in excel or other tool and re-creating it in Anaplan. Think holistically and leverage personal experience to drive towards the best result
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to impart ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Highly motivated and driven, with keen attention to detail and the ability to multi task in a self-managed environment
- Demonstrated lead experience in systems integration
- Ability to develop documentation for training
- Experience in integrations with CRM, HCM, ERP, etc. is a plus.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
184.108.40.206: We released 220.127.116.11 to help fix the foundation of the Internet by building a faster, more secure and privacy-centric public DNS resolver. This is available publicly for everyone to use - it is the first consumer-focused service Cloudflare has ever released. Here’s the deal - we don’t store client IP addresses never, ever. We will continue to abide by our privacy commitment and ensure that no user data is sold to advertisers or used to target consumers.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
This position may require access to information protected under U.S. export control laws, including the U.S. Export Administration Regulations. Please note that any offer of employment may be conditioned on your authorization to receive software or technology controlled under these U.S. export laws without sponsorship for an export license.
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.