Technical Project Manager - Multiplayer Networking at Unity Technologies
Are you passionate about bringing people together through multiplayer games? Are you an experienced Producer, Project Manager or Program Manager with a track record of delivering to customers?
Unity Technologies is a leader in game development technology and we want you to join an amazing cross-functional team to change the way millions of game developers deliver rich, networked experiences to hundreds of millions of gamers playing together!
We are creating a performant and flexible networking technology suite, and a modern development experience tailored to multiplayer games. Join us in taking up the challenge of bringing game networking innovation to game developers of all sizes, all over the world. It’s time to level up and move multiplayer gaming forward!
As a Technical Project Manager, you’ll be one of the leaders defining and driving progress against bold goals, and ensure that the team is clearly aligned to deliver the right features at the right time, and a quality that game creators can trust.
- Work with a diverse team of professionals to enable them to consistently deliver great products and features with a predictable process. Remove impediments, drive prioritization and technical tradeoff decisions.
- Foster a positive team culture and apply best practices within an agile framework.
- Work with Product Management and engineering leads to translate product roadmaps into concrete engineering plans.
- Engage with other Unity teams to align efforts and manage risks across the spectrum of engineering, marketing, revenue, and support.
- Proactively communicate progress, manage escalations, and represent the team’s work to leadership and stakeholders.
- Be comfortable dealing with ambiguity and driving for clarity.
- Software development background with experience in software production/project management, working cross-functionally within an engineering organization.
- Project or program management experience managing complex software products from beginning to end
- Must have prior experience in game development and hands-on experience with multiplayer gaming
- Literacy with multiple issue-tracking systems – Jira, FogBugz, Favro, Trello, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience guiding teams through agile project management methods.
- Excellent problem solving skills with a proactive and curious mindset.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or related field
- Agile certifications - Certified ScrumMaster, Certified Scrum Product Owner, Agile Certified Professional, etc.
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.