Who We Are
Bestow is a digital life insurance company built on full stack technology and AI. In a world in need of greater financial resilience and protection, Bestow democratizes access to smart financial products and powers some of the world’s leading consumer platforms. We are reimagining and rebuilding a 400-year-old, $7 trillion industry to create a brighter future for millions of families. And we’re just getting started.
The Bestow team is a diverse band of first principles thinkers on a mission to do good. We’re fortunate to be backed by leading investors and partners including Valar Ventures, NEA, 8VC and MunichRe.
Hiring in Austin and Dallas, TX
As a Technical Project Manager you will facilitate the product delivery process across one or more teams. Ultimately your work helps us figure out when we can deliver software projects. Do you love collaborating with product managers, engineering managers, engineers and designers to help them work more effectively by using your technical background? We'd love to hear from you.
Challenges on which you can expect to work:
Working closely with Engineering, Product and Design to define an efficient software delivery process to improve delivery speed without sacrificing communication and team effectiveness. Things change over time. You are able to put in place just the right amount of process for each situation.
You will measure the health of each project as it progresses. This measurement will be used to predict delivery estimates and uncover opportunities or risks;
Collaborate with engineers to define, measure, and improve software quality metrics;
Craft and maintain JIRA boards to track project progress and provide status to team members;
Monitor projects and estimate the probability that it will complete successfully on or before the target;
Identify anything that reduces or increases the probability of successful completion;
Facilitate process meetings such as stand-ups, planning and retrospectives;
Facilitate technical discussions to foster teamwork and gain insights in to project risk/scope.
You will be called upon to regularly communicate with all members of the delivery team. You will work with the Engineering Manager and Product Manager to plan what the team will deliver and the timeline for that delivery. As projects proceed you will communicate status and raise a flag if things are going off-track. You are responsible for communicating status throughout the product development process. You will find the most effective channels and frequency of communication.
Send regular progress updates to team leads;
Actively communicate roadblocks or significant delays in estimated delivery
You are a central component of your delivery teams. You should present a level-headed, objective perspective to balance the often opposing needs of Product and Engineering. In addition, your voice will be the most influential in suggesting improvements to the way we work. You act as a coach to the team looking for ways members can be more effective.
Identify and quickly resolve blockers and assess technical risks;
Help the team prioritize work;
Coach, mentor and foster a positive/collaborative team environment.
A Little About You:
- 3+ years of technical project management experience.
- Training as an Agile coach or Certified Scrum Master preferred.
- 3+ years of professional software development experience.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication.
- You thrive in a highly independent work culture and are capable of working autonomously.
- You have initiative and motivation to make things happen.
- You always want to sit next to the person who is smarter than you because you value a culture of mentorship and learning.
- You are egoless, hold yourself accountable and you have a thoughtful approach to adopting new technology.
- You are looking to bring your voice and talent to a mission-driven company in ways that help it to grow and expand its reach.
What We Can Offer You
- Competitive salary
- Generous PTO
- Flexible schedule and work/life balance
- 100% company-paid health, dental, and vision insurance
- Choose your own computer setup (Mac or PC)
- Office snacks and weekly team lunches
- Team building events and activities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bestow does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.