Technical Project Manager – Austin, TX
Amherst is hiring a Project Manager with experience leading and driving results in the management of agile-based software development or data related projects. We desire a quantitative thinking individual who will be responsible for providing project information transparency, and who will improve efficiency in planning and execution.
Our ideal candidate is highly organized, possesses excellent communication and negotiation skills and has significant experience managing data and software project teams to meet their goals. They should possess leadership skills that evoke creativity and team innovation, as well as an intrinsic ability to deal with change. We desire those who are passionate about Agile best practices but are also highly focused on business goals and can adapt their thinking and style.
This specific candidate will be working directly with the Amherst Enterprise Data team, which powers our Big Data Platform along with AI, Data Warehouse and Analytic Products (SQL Server, Presto, Hive, Hadoop, Tableau, etc).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage multiple concurrent development projects
- Work closely with Product Owners to maintain product backlog, assist with prioritization and resolution of issues, and deliver project results
- Manage end-to-end project plans and ensure on-time delivery for technical projects assigned to you, providing regular status updates to key stakeholders
- Provide day-to-day communication, coordination and quality assurance for projects and tasks, including informing stakeholders when any concerns or risks arise regarding the project
- Oversee project execution and team motivation, facilitate discussions, and manage conflict resolution
- Use quantitative skills to manage data and build reports/dashboards using visualization software systems
- Create advanced PowerPoint presentations for internal & external audiences – charts, animation, status reports, etc.
- Perform risk management and change management on projects
- 2+ years of Technical Project or Technical Program Management experience
- Preferred experience driving development in at least one area: distributed data platforms, recommendation/AI technologies, big data pipelines and ETL processing, and/or analytical tools (SAS, R, Python, etc)
- Experience leading projects following Agile/SCRUM methodologies
- Strong analytical, organizational and coordination skills are a MUST; We desire someone with extreme multi-tasking capabilities with a “get things done” attitude and approach for every project thrown your way
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of tools with moderate to advanced skills in Excel
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence
- Intellectually curious, with the ability to quickly pick up technical tools and processes
- Ability to collaborate and quickly build relationships with cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Choice of Mac or Windows hardware
- Flexible vacation days, paid holidays, and work from home options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life, EAP, and 401K with matching benefits
- Stellar colleagues with proven track records
- Free sodas, kombucha, cold brew, beer and healthy and unhealthy snacks at our Barton Springs WeWork location
- Free lunch every day and breakfast tacos on Thursdays!
Amherst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or veteran status, and encourage all applicants to apply.