Here at BigCommerce, we are always on the lookout for top talent. The position you are applying for is in a high growth area of our business but may not be active at this time. So please note, when you apply for this position you will receive a response but will not receive feedback on your application until the position is active. In the meantime, the best way to stay up to date with BigCommerce, our career opportunities, and our plans to redefine the e-commerce industry is to join our global talent network, BigNetwork.
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
Do you thrive at leading cross-functional teams? Have you mastered continuously improving and managing Agile software development teams and enjoy the challenge of working in a fast-paced space like e-commerce? Are you a go-getter who loves to get stuff done and passionate about delivering value to end-users? If so, BigCommerce has an exciting full-time opportunity for someone like you!
Technical Project Manager
Our global PMO, leads projects/programs across the company, from Product Development to Marketing to Sales and everywhere in-between. You’ll be collaborating with both internal customers and external partners to help define and execute on our global roadmap.About BigCommerce
BigCommerce is a product company, headquartered in Austin, Texas, and has offices in San Francisco, California, Sydney, Australia and London, England.
We are the world's leading cloud ecommerce platform for established and rapidly-growing businesses. Combining enterprise SaaS functionality, an open platform, and an app ecosystem, BigCommerce enables businesses to grow online sales with less cost, time and complexity than on-premise software. BigCommerce powers B2B and B2C ecommerce for more than 60,000 brands, 2,000+ mid-market businesses and 30 Fortune 1000 companies, including Assurant, Ben & Jerry's, Paul Mitchell, Skullcandy, Sony, and Toyota.What You’ll Do
- Drive multiple simultaneous projects (with a geographically distributed team) from start to finish and deliver value to our merchants on-time.
- Manage daily activities of scope management, project, and resource planning, progress tracking, proactive risks and issues management, cross-functional/stakeholder and leadership communication.
- Perform Scrum Master (and Agile Coach) duties including facilitating sprint planning, standups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and release planning
- Provide cross-functional visibility into status, resourcing needs, dependencies, granular requirements, dates and escalations for projects.
- Coordinate all of the cross-functional communication for a project from Kickoff through General Availability. Own the Go To Market process end-to-end and ensure all of the right stakeholders are in the loop and aware of the work expected of them.
- Demonstrate stellar stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Create and enforce cross-functional accountability across all business and technical groups & levels using soft and hard levers.
- Collaborate with colleagues within our PMO and across all other functions.
- Look for ways to creatively solve for the desired shared outcome each and every day.
- Make the most of your chops to work with technical and not-so-technical counterparts.
- Contribute to our company culture and collective intelligence.
- 2+ years experience in web technologies, as a technical project manager leading small to medium software development projects.
- Must demonstrate direct experience using Agile methodologies for managing projects and coaching teams.
- You have experience using a variety of tools like JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheets and G Suite.
- Any Project management, Agile development, process improvement/quality certifications are desired (e.g. PMP, ScrumMaster, Lean or Six Sigma).
- Self-driven. You have superior organizational skills, integrity and great follow-through on tasks. You don't get overwhelmed easily.
- Naturally curious. You're innovative, extremely creative and constantly providing ideas to optimise the process.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people-person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited to help build something awesome.
- Pragmatic. You understand the awesomeness and downfalls of Agile, waterfall, and other philosophies & methodologies - and know what to apply for each situation.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly-satisfied, excited crew; you are slightly obsessive-compulsive about grinding away at issues.
- Positive. You know that when like-minded, talented colleagues put their minds to achieving ambitious goals, great things happen. You bring that positivity & attitude to everything you do.
- Problem Solver. You use logic, as well as the imagination, to make sense of a situation and come up with an intelligent solution.
- Scrappy. You have an innate, scrappy and entrepreneurial drive to get things done in a fast-moving environment where things can (and do!) change quickly, priorities compete, and you may not always have all of the details upfront. Nothing gets by you.
- A utility player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
Diversity & Inclusion at BigCommerce
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.