About the Role
As we continue to grow and our products gain traction the team needs detail-oriented guidance and organization to continue to meet customer needs and expectations. The Technical Project Manager role ensures Smarter Sorting can meet tech roadmap commitments, impress new and existing customers, and ultimately succeed in transforming the world through Product Intelligence.
The right candidate will quickly be able to connect the Tech, Product, and Operations teams on work in progress, preemptively identify and communicate issues, and understand the business needs for future development. This person will be most valuable if they can quickly become knowledgeable in product features, dependencies, and statuses and serve as the communication hub between technical and non-technical stakeholders.What You'll Be Doing:
- Manage capacity planning and resource allocation, timelines, and risks for sprints, projects and cross-team dependencies
- Serve as communication hub for scrum team with information on sprint status, blockers and developer skill sets to mitigate barriers, drive projects and meet sprint commitments
- Act as Scrum master for two unique teams running the day to day execution of the team, knowing what work is in motion and whether it is on track or behind
- Facilitate scrum ceremonies and other project/feature discussions using strong problem solving to dissect and synthesize issues to lead the discussion, document the path forward, and follow up on action items
- Help plan sprints and set priority within teams based on quarterly initiatives and commitments
- Own offshore team relationship and allocation of offshore resources based on project priority
- Triage incoming Support tasks requiring development or data updates
- Work with Operations team to prepare and support product installation efforts
- 4+ years technical project management experience
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, math, or related field preferred
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to break down systems into key components
- Growth mindset and willingness to ask questions preferred
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Proficient in Scrum and Kanban processes, SDLC, and project management platforms
- Learn about Smarter Sorting’s products and begin to understand how those products and our teams work together at a code level in order to eliminate blockers and communicate pertinent information between appropriate team members.
- Track tasks on team sprint boards to identify and proactively nudge delinquent or problem tasks
- Run scrum ceremonies for multiple product teams
- Understand implementation details of features well enough to help product owners with prioritization, task breakdown, and release decisions when needed
- Be equipped with enough feature, product, process, and system knowledge along with capacity tracking to report risks to sprint commitments as they arise
- Work with Delivery & Operations to prepare for product installation efforts including communicating software/hardware updates and risks, coordinating pre-launch tasks between teams, and defining cross-team processes
- Triage incoming Support tasks requiring developer time
- Become the point person for respective scrum teams tech content, statuses, and problem solving
- Facilitate Scrum values and practices to allow teams to meet sprint commitments consistently
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
Medical, dental & vision insurance
Short-term disability insurance
Generous Parental Leave
Unlimited Paid Time Off
Continuing Education Sponsorship
Bi-Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events (with baby goats in attendance)
Unlimited snacks & drinks
You choose us not only because this is the role you’ve been waiting for, but also because we are a purpose-driven company committed to our mission. You’ll be joining a group of machine learning experts, successful serial entrepreneurs, data scientists, sustainability experts, recovering consultants and national account program managers whose passion for data-driven sustainability drives us. You choose us because our values resonate with you. At Smarter Sorting this means: We do what it takes. We begin from a position of curiosity. We are driven to become experts. We are real. We have grit. You share our belief that a healthy culture is key to the company’s success and more importantly our employees’ happiness.
Better decisions. Better data. Greener planet. All made possible by the best people. Come join our team!
At Smarter Sorting, we understand that a workforce that includes a robust mix of genders, ages, ethnicities, religions and socioeconomic backgrounds is more likely to reflect a variety of perspectives and thought patterns - leading to more innovation, brainstorming, problem-solving and strategizing. That is why we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.