Technical Projects Specialist
Have you been managing or running operations for a restaurant - love the restaurant industry - but ready for a change?
Do you have a love for technical challenges and enjoy diving into data?
Check out our role for a Technical Projects Specialist on our Training & Implementation/Special Projects team where you'll be able to combine your skills and still serve those that serve others.
Compeat is the only restaurant management software that provides a true end-to-end solution, all built in-house. From back office and accounting to workforce management and payroll, we make it simple and we integrate it all.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Goal-oriented, creative and up for a challenge.
- You have experience with at least one POS (point of sale system)
- You have an uncanny ability to employ critical thinking to determine the best path forward to the benefit of both the customer and Compeat; and you pivot as necessary.
- You stay focused on getting your tasks done and are adept at prioritizing.
- Coordinate custom GL/AP/Payroll export/report requests.
- Communicate and manage requests to software development teams.
- Act as an intermediary between development and customers/vendors.
- Audit Mockup data for Custom requests.
- Coordinate EDI Setups with both client and vendor.
- Troubleshoot EDI issues.
- Cultivate relationships with vendors for future projects/opportunities.
- Assist Project Managers.
- Assist Customer Support Team with troubleshooting existing custom work.
- QA prior to client review.
- Database/RC (revenue center) splits.
- Sandbox submissions.
- Create/maintain documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills both written and verbal
- Ability to communicate effectively with all internal departments and external clients
- Exceptional relationship building skills
- Highly organized
- Enjoy problem solving
- Self motivated and highly professional demeanor
- Strong, ethical team player with a willingness to help others
- Ability to learn and adapt in a dynamic work environment
- Excellent time management
- Familiar with standard data exchange formats and processes (API, EDI, SQL, FTP)
- Familiarity with at least one major POS system (Aloha, Micros, Positouch, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience working successfully within a team environment
- Restaurant management experience preferred
- Accounting and payroll experience preferred
In exchange for your hard work you can expect to work in a fun, casual environment that cultivates creative thinking and teamwork. You will liaise with lots of awesome restaurant clients and assist everyone from restaurant managers to CEOs. You will learn about analyzing a restaurant from financial and operational perspectives. We believe in a work-life balance. We take our work seriously, but we don’t take ourselves too seriously. Come join us and have some fun!