Technology Partner Program Manager at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named a "Best Place to Work" in Austin 2020, is looking for a Technology Partnerships Program Manager to help scale a rapidly growing technology partner program.
The Technology Partner Program exists to bring innovative technology solutions to BigCommerce’s merchant base. Our ideal Program Manager will help us build and manage the scope, processes and automation required to exponentially grow the size and impact of the Technology Partner Program.
This Program role requires a strong operational, business savvy mind, and a desire to work cross-functionally. They will also be program minded, and have experience developing and rolling out scalable processes / automation.
The Technology Partnerships Program Manager sits within our Strategic Business Development (SBD) team and is responsible for the overall management of the Technology Partner Program and being the SBD leader for both the Apps Marketplace and working with our Operations team for improving the Partner Experience.
Specifically, this role will:
Tech Partner Program Management
- Work closely, and collaboratively, with the various cross-functional teams that support the Tech Partner Program, including Operations, Partner Marketing, Apps Marketplace / Product & Engineering and Finance on ensuring programmatic processes are in place and being followed.
- Manage all the operational aspects of the BigCommerce Technology Partnership Program. Starting from the framework and design, through to the execution and measurement of the Program.
- Work closely with the SBD PODs and finance to build out visibility and analysis to reduce revenue recoupment and approach revenue share intake, programmatically
- Be the “SBD Leader'' for major company-wide initiatives rolling out in 2021, which will improve the partner experience and merchant app buyflow. You will design and implement the commercial structure for these new program elements, and roll them out to partners via the Partner Management team.
- Be the central point of contact for any “cross-SBD” partner programs that need to be rolled out. This includes things like the partner journey, partner newsletters, structure & processes for things like contracts, T&Cs, partner payments, etc.
Apps Marketplace Management
- Work with the BC Operations team to design the process for partners to join the BC partner program - across creating partner accounts, onboarding, submitting apps and leaving the apps marketplace
- Support the development, and ultimate rollout, of new capabilities that will benefit all partners in the Apps Marketplace - including areas as significant as the partner experience, the merchant app buyflow and a new Marketplace itself.
- Work with Product and Engineering to create a world-class marketplace including search, merchandising, personalization, badging, reviews and more.
- Develop overall reporting and KPIs that highlight areas of success and improvement areas within the marketplace
- Manage the merchandising in the Apps Marketplace, working the the PODs to ensure we fulfill Tiered partner commitments, and optimizing placement opportunities by merchant adoption.
- Review and approve or deny applications for new, incoming prospective tech partners.
Partner Experience Improvements
- Work cross-functionally to build and deploy an ideal partner experience that spans Technology & Agency partners, with the goal of ultimately standardizing the experience across programs
- Support the rollout of standardized processes, tools and templates to support both managed and unmanaged partners
- Collaborate with the Partner Marketing team to design, implement, and scale communication, training, and co-marketing activities for a partner program that will exponentially grow over the coming years
Who You Are
- 3-5+ years experience in a Program Management role. You have experience designing programs, working with others to execute a plan and rolling your sleeves up to get work done
- Strong operational process experience, and are able to see how detailed processes are linked to business outcomes
- Experience with the eCommerce domain, ideally in a Partnerships capacity
- Comfortable working with and refining contracts
- Experienced and comfortable managing people indirectly
- Prior marketing, sales management, or partner management experience is preferred.
- Prior experience building shareholder value through revenue growth and partner management.
- A reputation for providing outstanding leadership, creating commitment and accountability, resolving conflict, influencing without authority, inspiring teams, and creating an atmosphere in which people work together enthusiastically and cooperatively to produce outstanding results.
- A strategic thinker who thrives on challenges, is agile, possesses a great deal of perspective and has a clear vision, tolerance for risk, and ability to navigate ambiguous situations.
- Possess a technical understanding of software and the ecommerce space, keep up with relevant practices and trends, and have a high degree of business and sales acumen allowing you to make sound decisions and provide consistent, accurate forecasts.
- Bottom-line oriented, can be counted on to exceed goals, and develop strong relationships with the product team and engineers, both internally and externally.
- You must have strong persuasion and negotiation skills and be able to provide the information people to the right people at the right time in the right way, adjusting your approach to fit the audience and setting (one-on-one, small and large groups, peers, direct reports, and leaders inside and outside the organization). Excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client / partner relationship skills are critical
- Customer Focused - You have a passion for eCommerce software solutions, the web, web-based software products, our partners, service, and satisfaction.
- Comfortable using technology - Sound knowledge of Salesforce as well as strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of HTML, CSS and internet technologies (shopping carts, web hosting, email and online marketing tools) a big plus.