Real Estate Acquisitions Associate—Acquisitions
The Amherst Residential platform provides a comprehensive suite of services to facilitate the ownership of single family rental properties, including property management services, asset level financing and asset management services. With a deep understanding of and proprietary analytics on the single family home and mortgage markets, Amherst's platform combines a unique combination of national scale with local market knowledge and execution.
The Acquisitions team is looking for a seasoned sales professional with 5+ years of experience in finance or real estate sales management to join its expanding group. You will work alongside the group’s manager, assisting in a variety of functions with the goal of increasing single family rental acquisitions while supporting our brand. Our group is responsible for monitoring transactions deemed a priority by our Underwriting Analysts. Our job is to handhold these properties from initial bid to closing, ensuring the highest level of negotiation and service on behalf of our clients.
This is a new department within Acquisitions so you will need to bring an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to work well in a team environment.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years of experience in real estate sales or related customer service environment
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field
• Hold a current real estate license in any state is helpful but not required
• Ability to collaborate and network to build lasting relationships with a variety of contacts
• Knowledge of terms and principles associated with real estate investment process and associated markets
• Proficient in MS Office suite with emphasis on Excel
• Strong verbal, written and organizational skills
• The ability to interact well with senior management
• Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers
• Proven track record of success in a fast paced environment
What we offer:
Amherst is a privately held corporation located in West Austin with beautiful views of Lake Austin and the loop 360 bridge in a modern workspace with open floor plans.
- A competitive compensation package, annual bonus, 401k match
- Flexible PTO, 11 paid holidays, accrued sick/personal time
- Employer paid benefits (medical, dental, vision, flex spending account)
- Professional career development and reimbursement
- On-premise fitness center, locker rooms
- Daily catered lunches, fully stocked kitchen with snacks/drinks
- Relaxed casual environment and weekly/quarterly office events!