HomeAway, based in Austin, Texas, is the world leader in vacation rentals with more than 2 million unique places to stay in 190 countries, and is a part of the Expedia, Inc. family of brands. HomeAway offers an extensive selection of vacation rental homes that provide travelers with memorable experiences and benefits, especially more room to relax, for less than the cost of traditional hotel accommodations. The company also makes it easy for vacation rental owners and property managers to advertise their properties and manage bookings online.
The Senior Analyst, Americas Retail is a critical role in implementing the business objectives of HomeAway in the Americas region. The Retail team is responsible for delivering the financial plan in our regions, developing local markets and optimizing for a world class end-to-end customer experience.
You will be responsible for developing, analyzing and drawing insights to drive business success for HomeAway in all North American markets other than the US -- Canada, Mexico, Caribbean and Central America. This will include providing detailed analysis, planning and organization across all the relevant contributing areas and supporting the implementation of our business initiatives end to end, from kick-off to completion and until tangible business impact is delivered. You will actively work with the financial planning and business analytics teams as well as cross-functional team members (Marketing, Product, Product Marketing, Partner Success, etc.) to develop, monitor, analyze and augment the business strategy, contribute to setting budgets and forecasts, collaborate on action plans, coordinate execution, and track overall progress. Your work will have influence over almost every major function of the business and develop a very deep understanding of the main functions and of the performance drivers of our marketplace. You will have regular and frequent interaction with senior leadership across the organization, and will need to maintain strong alignment and partnerships with key departments and businesses to ensure that the North America business is well planned, understood, communicated and effectively executed.
The role will report directly to the Vice President of the Americas business in Austin, TX.
- Identifying the total addressable market for vacation rentals in Canada, Mexico, Caribbean and Central America.
- Understanding supplier and traveler needs in those markets and what HomeAway needs to do to serve those needs and increase our market share.
- Understanding the competitive situation in the markets.
- Driving closure on commercial policies in the region including pricing and return on investment targets.
- Develop data-driven insights that achieve higher levels of traffic, booking conversion, new listing adoption, listing renewal, supplier adoption of key listing enhancements and monetization.
- Playing a key role developing budgets and forecasts to drive adoption and usage of existing and new features: expand e-commerce platform and work with Product/CS/Sales/Marketing to promote e-commerce features and usage to all customer segments.
- Provide regular reporting to the company on the business results and key drivers of metrics for our business in the region, including performance across top origin and destination markets.
- Analyzing our performance in the markets. Diagnosing problems.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Evaluating how well the HomeAway product serves the needs of customers/partners in the markets and working with product management on enhancements designed to meet the market needs.
- Working across the matrix with marketing, partner success (sales), customer experience (support) and product management to implement programs designed to optimize our performance in the region.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred.
- 8+ years of experience (post-bachelor) or 6+ years of experience (post-MBA) required.
- Exposure to strategy and/or E-commerce, preferably in Product, Marketing, Product Marketing, FP&A or Business Intelligence.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Demonstrated track record of creative and structured approach to problem solving.
- Proven excellence in program and project management.
- Ability to build effective relationships across a matrix of functional teams.
- Spanish language proficiency desired, but not required.
Key Behaviors for Success in the Role:
- Ability to work both at the “30,000-feet” level for the overall business, as well as the “ground” level to gather insights or drive execution.
- Passion and tenacity for solving problems through creativity and resourcefulness.
- Desire and ability to learn quickly.
- Strong internal partner management skills.
- Logic and common sense in performing quantitative analyses and sharp sensitivity to implications and impact.
- Direct and clear approach to communication.
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty by creating structure and prioritizing effectively.
- Ability to inspire and motivate resources outside your own internal team.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Vacation rental on a yearly basis (taxable benefit).
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on HomeAway.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.