Account Development Representative
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores at a fraction of the cost to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin in 2018 is looking for a driven Account Development Representative to join our Sales team. In this role, you’ll have a direct impact on helping BigCommerce connect with key decision makers within our largest prospect segments, Mid-Market, Enterprise, and Large Enterprise, by collecting and delivering accurate account and contact information to your Sales Development Team peers.
What You’ll Do
Research and Deliver Key Data on Prospect Accounts and Contacts
- Develop an understanding of both BigCommerce (i.e. products, services, partners, and value proposition) and the key attributes of our top Merchants
- Identify key account information by researching their current technologies and annual revenues
- Identify key contacts at prospect accounts based on title and responsibilities
- Research prospect’s key business initiatives and strategies using sources such as industry articles and analysts reports, blog posts, public filings, and press releases
- Create, update, and maintain accurate contact information in Salesforce CRM and Outreach
- Collaborate with Sales Development Representatives (SDR) and Account Executives (AE) to prioritize account strategies and needs of the team
- Leverage our core Sales technologies such as: LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Salesforce CRM, Outreach, and more
- Shadow and gain exposure to Sales calls led by SDRs and AEs.
Learn and Develop Prospecting Skills
- Build a foundation for a career in sales by gaining knowledge and skills in:
- Key Sales and Marketing technologies
- Best practices related to finding key account data and contact identification
- Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) pipeline generation and selling motions
- The eCommerce industry
- Sales Qualification and Discovery
- Cross-functional collaboration between Sales, Marketing, and Operations
Who You Are
- Some related professional experience preferred, ideally in a high volume, fast-paced inside sales environment
- Understanding of SaaS and eCommerce preferred
- Degree in Business or related field from a four-year college or university required
- Organized - Our ability to connect with the account depends on the data and detail you provide, so you must be able to collect and deliver information in an organized and clear fashion.
- Curious - You must possess a willingness to learn about our prospective Merchants’ businesses.
- Collaborative - You consistently share what’s working with others to increase success of the overall team.
- Driven Achiever - You thrive on challenges and have a proven history of achieving goals or objectives.
- Sales Oriented - You are interested in exploring career opportunities in Sales.
- Business Savvy - You have a developing degree of business acumen.
- Strong Communicator - You have excellent communication (written and verbal) and documentation skills.
- Efficient - You have excellent organization and time management skills.
- Detail Oriented - You are able to manage sensitive information and numerous details with ease.
- Composed - You are patient, professionally mature, and possess the ability to remain collected and focused in a fast-paced, high pressure, dynamic environment.
- Personable - You are positive, energetic, and a team player with high standards for ethics and integrity.
- Comfortable using technology - You have strong Internet, email, and electronic document management skills. A basic understanding of Salesforce a big plus.
We have the opportunity to build not only a great business, but a great company, with soul. Our beliefs and commitment to diversity and inclusion are a central part of achieving that.
Our dedication to diversity and inclusion is grounded in two things: a moral belief in the dignity, value, and potential of every individual, and a practical belief that diverse, inclusive teams will create the best outcomes for our customers, partners, employees, and company. We welcome everyone to be a part of our journey.