Account Executive (Public Sector)
The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility into the now borderless network, arming them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Google Ventures and Salesforce Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role
Public Sector Account Executive (AE) – Austin, TX
We are looking for a competitive, driven and enthusiastic quota carrying Account Executive to evangelize the ThousandEyes platform within a Public Sector Territory consisting of both Fed & SLED accounts. In this role, you will be the face of ThousandEyes to an array of prospects and existing customers. You will be educating them and selling them on the many ways ThousandEyes can make a significant positive impact on their business.
- Prospect for and develop a pipeline that is 3-5X assigned quota
- Maintain a high-level of daily activity including end user calls, partner calls, meetings and pipeline generation
- Qualify new opportunities, present ThousandEyes solutions, overcome objections, negotiate and close business over the phone, via WebEx and occasionally in-person.
- Effectively team with cross functional roles such as Sales Development, Marketing and Sales Operations to build your business
- Consistently execute against your plan and assigned quota within your assigned territory
- Maintain and submit accurate forecasts
- Experience in high tech quota carrying sales
- Public Sector Sales Experience a plus
- Experience managing the entire sales cycle from prospecting to close
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- High energy, drive, sense of urgency and sense of responsibility
- Positive attitude
- Ability to travel as needed for customer visits and tradeshows (
- Ideally, experience selling a SaaS solution
- Ideally, a working knowledge of networks and application protocols such as DNS, BGP, TCP/IP, HTTP, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in a revenue generating, quota carrying capacity with a track record of success
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required