Account Executive at Kazoo
Kazoo is the only all-in-one people management solution in the market that takes recognition, engagement, and performance and delivers them in one powerful platform. Through its Recognition & Rewards, Performance Management, and Surveys offerings, Kazoo is an award-winning, employee-first solution that increases productivity, retention, and revenue, and enables companies to build a purpose-driven culture of high engagement and high performance. With over 500 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters. Kazoo is when work is working.
Our approach is employee-driven, not top-down. We built our platform, and our company, with a promise to give employees what they need to deeply engage in their work and with their colleagues, and to drive results for the company. Our focus is on building teams, cross-functional collaboration, and purposeful perks. We practice transparency, provide a culture of continuous feedback, and promote regular service to our community.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
- Build a high volume sales pipeline through prospecting and relationship building within the mid-market and enterprise markets.
- Create, qualify and close sales opportunities based on YEI/HG sales methodology & metrics, to include customer fit and success criteria.
- Build account plans and strategies for each target account.
- Effectively collaborate with internal resources (Senior Executives, Inside Sales, Customer Success, Marketing etc.) in sales efforts.
- Uncover needs and develop relationships with multiple stakeholders within the assigned accounts across the Lines of.
- Business, IT, Procurement, Senior Management, and C-suite level executives.
- Deliver outstanding web-based presentations and be able to master the demonstration of our software.
- Arrange, manage and close complex sales cycles.
- Be a driving force in the success of the company’s goals & objectives through achieving & exceeding individual sales quota.
- Accurately forecast sales activity and revenue achievement through proper use of sales tools.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Dedication to continuous follow-ups, specifically in a high-volume environment
- Ability to identify prospects, evaluate interest, recognize decision-making processes, handle objections and close deals
- Ability to create sales opportunities through self-driven prospecting
- Ability to manage a large number of prospect situations simultaneously
- Ability to communicate and build relationships with C-suite level executives and understand high-level executive decision making
- At least 3+ years of quota-carrying technology-based sales experience; 3+ years in SaaS preferred, HR Space a plus (B2B)
- Track record of over-achieving quota (top 10-20% of the company) in past positions
- Experience with Salesforce, PowerPoint, Word, Google Drive, and web-based presentation technology
- “Hunter” / new business mentality and self-starter
- Experience managing the sales cycle from business champion to the CIO, CEO, CHRO, and CFO levels
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with a cadence of delivering quarterly results
- Previous sales methodology training, Salesforce experience, and strong customer references
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.