At Volusion, we accelerate success. Our teams are dedicated to providing fast, flexible and reliable Ecommerce solutions for Pro Sellers ($500k+ GMV).
Our company was founded in 1999 and our cutting edge Ecommerce platform has helped merchants generate billions of dollars in sales. For the last three years, we’ve been building an entirely new platform that will help our customers provide a faster, more efficient and beautiful shopping experience than any other Ecommerce provider. We’re ready to share this with the world.
If you' the kind of entrepreneur that loves working in teams, has a passion for driving positive change, and wants to change the world with your ideas, we want to hear from you.
As an SMB Account Executive, you will drive new business by acquiring new Pro Sellers & notable logos to use the Volusion platform. We’re looking for someone who has a successful track record of surpassing quota. The ideal candidate is a creative & reliable go getter who will follow a consultative sales process to identify & understand the needs of the business and present solutions that accelerate success. This new role will need to be a “quarterback” - a polished sales professional that understands how to communicate & collaborate cross-functionally to increase adoption of the Volusion software.
- Build new pipeline through outbound prospecting (cold-calls), marketing qualified leads, customer referrals, executive introductions, and leveraging your network
- Strategically propose solutions through the Volusion Way that meet client's needs through active discovery
- Prepare & deliver professional and compelling sales presentations via phone, video web conference, and in person
- Position value proposition of fastest sites, best SEO, and best mobile experience to increase conversions for our prospects & customers.
- Effectively manage your pipeline daily to strategically move prospects through the sales funnel to closure and transition to on-boarding/implementation
- Be resourceful in your communication methods. We are not limited to only phone calls, and emails. We stand out by using video, and in some cases text messaging.
- Adapt quickly to change and be a student by actively researching trends in the ecommerce market
- Be a relationship builder with your peers and your customers, and challenge the status quo by innovating & developing new ways to sell and disrupt SMB software sales
- Proactively maintain knowledge of all Volusion plans, services, and partners
- Be a challenger and educate your prospects on how to be successful with Volusion
- Maintain clear and up to date information on prospects & customers within Salesforce.
We are looking for someone with:
- 4+ years of experience in a full-cycle, quota carrying, software or technology sales role
- Excellent oral and written communication skills - you can clearly explain complex concepts to my grandparents
- Understanding of HTML, CSS and Ecommerce technologies (Shopping carts, Web hosting, Creative Design, Digital Marketing) a big plus.
- Salesforce experience (or similar CRM experience)
- Documented track record of exceeding objectives in a performance-driven environment
- Experience with SPIN Selling and/or a Needs Based Selling Process
- Proactive and self-directed
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Ability to work cross functionally with Customer Experience, Account Management, and Product Management teams
- A passion for talking to people, understanding their unique business needs, and positioning the Volusion proposition with more excitement & conviction each time its positioned
Who is also the embodiment of our culture code (we hope you are nodding your head in agreement as you browse through it!):
- Humble: Have humility and be respectful; no egos allowed.
- Effective: Get stuff done!
- Adaptable: Willing to fill any role, anytime. Going above/beyond the call of duty.
- Transparent: Open and honest to self and others.
- A founder: Think big, go fast, and solve for the customer.
- Collaborative: Works closely with customers, teams, and partners.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- 401(k) with Company Matching
- Paid Parental Leave
- On-site Fitness and Yoga Classes
- Endless Supply of Coffee and Snacks
- Two Volunteer Days Off
- Bring Your Dog to Work Days
- Chair Massages
- Team Sports and Team Outings