Account Manager, Value + Access at Real Chemistry
It's not every day we have a chance to make the world a healthier place—but here, it’s our way of life. Idealistic? Maybe. Deeply pragmatic? Always. Real Chemistry is a global health innovation company that has carved out its space at the intersection between healthcare, marketing and communications, tech, and the people at the heart of it all. It’s with a great sense of purpose that we work together with brave health and wellness companies to create and inspire healthier, happier, and longer lives. It’s our passion. And if you’re still reading, we’re guessing it might be yours too. We are looking to add to our alchemic mix of more than 2,000 talented professionals. At Real Chemistry, we don’t just wish the world was healthier. We leverage tech, data and creativity to make it so. You in?
In this role, you will have the opportunity to support corporate value communications activities on dedicated accounts, as well as work with integrated teams to provide strategic counsel product-focused accounts. You will support industry-leading business intelligence products, as well as drive key analytics deliverables to create the foundation for strategic public affairs, communications and thought leadership campaigns. This is an ideal position for the candidate who wants to be challenged, have strong variety in the day-to-day and to be able to help grow and evolve a strategic consultancy.
Our practice specializes in communicating at intersection of health economics, health policy and corporate reputation. Our top performers have experience in and/or strong intellectual curiosity in public health, public policy, health coverage and access issues and similar issues. The position offers exceptional opportunities for meaningful engagement with leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device clients and for continued professional development in a rapidly growing practice (think: scaling start up within an award-winning global health innovation company).
Strategy Development & Subject Matter Expertise
- Participates in development of clients’ corporate, public policy and drug pricing strategies; collaborates with multiple internal stakeholders develop consensus around tactics and to ensure seamless incorporation into broader client strategy
- Develops presentations, creative briefs, written materials (such as editorial bylines and newsletters) and other strategic internal/external communications surrounding the health care and health policy landscape that meet the client’s objectives.
- Evaluates and analyzes data; develops succinct, accurate summaries and analyses of research that include recommendations for clients.
- Partners with functional area-experts within the agency in support of integrated communications and public affairs campaigns.
- Monitors health policy, pricing and payment trends; provides clients and colleagues proactive guidance and insights.
- Develop new business through proactively identifying and pursuing opportunities for growth with existing clients.
Management & Mentorship
- Will mentor Account Associates to help manage workload, deadlines, and priorities and to provide information and resources needed to understand client objectives, provide health policy and health system change insights.
- Provide guidance and support for career progression and performance.
- Learns, understands and communicates clients’ needs and priorities, structuring internal processes to maximize available resources.
- Maintains clear, consistent communications with colleagues to ensure internal team continues to track against current and emerging client expectations.
- Oversees account finances, including team budgets and billing; develops monthly projections and reviews activity reports and financial trackers.
- Participates in quarterly and annual strategic communications planning and business analysis.
- Manages multiple client projects of varying sizes in a fast-paced environment, achieving internal client and project revenue targets.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in a professional environment within the public relations, communications, journalism and / or public affairs/public policy/public health is required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Excellent business and/or healthcare policy communication skills
- Able to develop solutions to client needs and problems:
- Collaborates with internal partners to strategize ideas
- Researches the market to identify trends and data to support ideas
- Familiar with Is aware of policies at state and federal levels related to pricing and access and how these policies affect the industry
- Understands program objectives and strategies
- Must be highly organized, with a track record of following through on client requests and with high-quality deliverables on schedule and on budget.
- Have a professional presence, perform with a sense of urgency and with a profound client service orientation.
Real Chemistry is currently operating with a flexible, hybrid approach and giving our teams the ability to operate in the way that works best for them – at home, in office or a mix. * We trust our people to decide what works best for them, working together with their teams and leaders to support our customers and make the world a healthier place. This policy will continue to be evaluated and may change in the future as we seek to ensure our people stay inspired, engaged, and motivated to do their best work.
*All employees who work in a Real Chemistry office, travel for business, or attend a Real Chemistry sponsored event must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees who qualify for a religious or medical exemption to receiving a COVID-19 vaccine are advised to work with our People team for accommodation.
Real Chemistry offers a comprehensive benefit program and perks, including flexible PTO, expanded paid leave for new parents including Your 4th Trimester ® , a program that helps new parents transition back to work, and a five-week sabbatical program. Other perks include Income Protection, Retirement plans/401(k) match, and cell phone savings plans. Learn more about our great benefits and perks at: http://www.realchemistry.com/
Real Chemistry is committed to being an Equal Opportunity employer. As such, we seek motivated and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, ethnic or national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Real Chemistry operates. We strive to employ, motivate, advance and reasonably accommodate any qualified employees and applicants. We believe diversity of persons and ideas forms the most comprehensive, forward-looking company.