AlertMedia is looking for a Account Manager to help increase revenue across our fast-growing customer base. This role will help grow revenue through leadership and participation in customer renewals, up-sells, and expansions. The Account Manager will work closely with our amazing customers, while partnering with our Customer Success Managers and the sales team to accomplish these goals. Success will be measured in our ability to retain and grow annual recurring revenue.
Who you are:
You are passionate about sales, while caring deeply about customers and their success. You are comfortable influencing and negotiating with executives at large-scale enterprises and SMB organizations. You thrive in a quota driven environment. You are articulate, inquisitive, collaborative, and analytical. You are a self-motivated, sales-minded professional who is highly organized and comfortable in a fast-paced, high volume sales environment. You enjoy working closely with your peers, both as a leader and a learner.
Who we are:
AlertMedia is leading the evolution of employee safety for a modern workforce. We offer the most intuitive emergency communication software on the market with fully integrated threat warnings and employee safety monitoring. We believe any organization can improve safety and business outcomes during critical events by quickly identifying threats and simplifying fast, reliable communication to impacted audiences. We are headquartered in Austin, TX, and trusted by thousands of customers in over 100 countries—including DHL, British Petroleum, SurveyMonkey, and Walmart—to keep their people safe and connected anytime, anywhere.
We are an equal opportunity employer focused on creating a collaborative and exciting place for all to work. Ensuring a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace for all people is key to our success and core to our values.
Come join us in our mission to save lives and minimize loss through effective communication.
This is an amazing opportunity to be part of our wave of momentum and take our company, and your career, to the next growth stage. We'd love to get to know you better and share how we serve our amazing customers. For more information please visit www.alertmedia.com.
What you will do:
- Develop and manage a sales pipeline, from prospecting to close, keeping detailed notes and activities in Salesforce
- Partner closely with the Customer Success team to identify expansion opportunities and meet/exceed expansion revenue targets by:
- Understanding customer objectives and use-cases
- Defining and executing sales plans and proposals that provide strategic recommendations designed to meet specific customer needs
- Articulate value in products and services to help meet those needs
- Helping large customers to establish and meet their requirements with the goal of expanding once those have been met; participating in large customer QBR’s
- Reviewing renewals and any obstacles limiting adoption or creating renewal risk
- Negotiate and execute renewal contracts (in partnership with legal and CS) that align to customer goals
- Collaborate cross functionally with internal teams, including Sales, Marketing, and Product
- Work with Marketing to deliver and follow up on regular outbound campaigns on new product updates, webinars, trainings, etc.
- Lead presentations and demos with a consultative, white glove approach
- Manage account issues and escalations as it relates to licensing, contracts, and renewals
- 3+ years previous experience in account management or sales with a history of success (preferably with a SaaS company)
- Experience managing a pipeline or roster of named accounts, and an ability to accurately forecast
- Ability to map account whitespace, connecting the dots in customer organizations and influencing stakeholders from various roles, levels, and profiles to identify and close a deal
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; clear and concise written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable building rapport, negotiating, and setting expectations with stakeholders, including those at the executive level
- Comfortable with ambiguity; ideal candidates have experience adapting in rapidly changing environments and contributing to an evolving sales process
- Must be located in the Austin, TX area or willing to relocate
- This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
What we offer:
- Base salary + uncapped commissions + Company-Wide Bonus program
- Competitive PTO + holidays to enjoy balance
- Health benefits - Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance 100% paid for employees
- Amazing rewards and incentives
- An exciting and positive work environment
- Commitment to community service with opportunities to give back
- A Best Places to Work company 5 years in a row
AlertMedia is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, seeking to create a welcoming and diverse environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
AlertMedia does not currently sponsor applicants for work visas.