Wheel is bringing the future of work to healthcare. Wheel is a first-of-its-kind enterprise that provides healthcare clients access to a flexible workforce of virtual care clinicians, and the tech-enabled infrastructure required to mobilize it rapidly and compliantly to improve patient access to care. Our mission is to change the way healthcare works by putting clinicians first, because happier clinicians make healthier patients. We’re headquartered in Austin, Texas, and recently named one of Built In Austin’s Best Places to Work, Best Small Company to Work For and Best Paying Company. Wheel is venture-backed by top investors with a track-record of growth-- and we’re building an amazing team of Wheelies. Come join us! Check out a recent Crunchbase article about our growth.
We believe we can help build a future for everyone by ensuring how we work is aligned with our core values of:
Grit to grow.
To learn more about how we work, check out our careers page.
The Account Manager plays an integral role in driving Wheel’s performance by building, optimizing, and expanding our commercial business and being hyper-focused on customer experience. You’ll be a leader and customer advocate on our Commercial team and manage an exciting and dynamic set of accounts, owning revenue goals and ensuring our customer’s happiness and success. You will work closely with Wheel’s internal teams (Clinical, Product, Sales, Delivery) to partner and be an advocate for Clients.
This role covers the full customer lifecycle from supporting relationships through launch, to achieving full potential and expanding over time.
• Manage a book of accounts to meet defined retention and expansion targets
• Prioritize your efforts across Enterprise (>$1M) and growth stage accounts
• Own the full customer relationship, partnering with implementation teams and taking over management for ongoing customer happiness
• Achieve full commercial potential of accounts and drive expansion
• Negotiate and execute renewal contracts that align to customer goals
• Partner with new business Account Executives and Wheel’s Delivery team of experts
• Manage and forecast the health of your accounts
• Lead regular business reviews for each account
• Surface customer requirements for Product, Engineering and Clinical teams
• 5+ years of Account Management experience managing a complex book of business
• Experience in the Healthcare industry preferred
• Experience in Technology industries
• Experience in cross-sell/up-sell initiatives within existing accounts
• Experience managing a range of priorities and accounts, focusing on what’s critical
• Comfort with ambiguity: experience adapting in rapidly changing environments and contributing to an evolving sales process
• Curiosity: always looking for an opportunity to learn, grow and give/receive feedback
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Wheel, we know we will go further together by celebrating diversity and that starts by honoring each of our unique lived experiences. We look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups: women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds. We are committed to ensuring a safe work environment where employees are not discriminated against based on age, race, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that believes in health, equity, equality, and prosperity for all so we can succeed in changing the way healthcare works.
Read Full Job Description