Account Manager at Billd (Austin, TX)
Sorry, this job was removed at 2:03 p.m. (CST) on Friday, April 15, 2022
About Billd Billd is a fast-growing fintech company looking to disrupt a $1.4 trillion dollar industry. We offer industry-leading financial and technology products to empower our customers. We believe in championing the underdog because no one else does.We're equally committed to the motivated professionals that make up the Billd family. We are proud to have been recognized as Austin's fastest-growing private company by Austin Business Journal, and one of the best to work for by Built In. As a rapidly growing company, there are numerous opportunities for internal growth and career development.You will be challenged to be your best self and guaranteed to have one of the most professionally rewarding experiences of your career. We encourage creativity, initiative, collaboration, playfulness, and a strong work-life balance.We call our beautiful campus, located in Austin, TX, home and have a hybrid work model that allows employees the flexibility to work from home one day per week.The RoleBilld is looking for an Account Manager to handle a critical part of Billd's operation: processing and managing the day-to-day deal flow from contractors. The Account Manager is the heartbeat of the business and works hand in hand with our customers on a daily basis to process their material purchases and pay app advance requests. This role will combine detailed underwriting, customer service, account management, and financial operations. The ideal candidate has experience in Finance, Lending, Customer Success, and/or the Construction industry. Most importantly, the ideal candidate loves helping our customers grow and goes above and beyond to make sure their requests are filled with urgency and a high level of customer satisfaction.LocationAustin, TX in-officeWhat You'll Do
- Process daily material financing and pay application advance requests for funding, this includes reviewing purchase statements, checking invoices for accuracy, connecting and setting up new supplier accounts, general contractor account set up and completing critical due diligence steps along the way.
- Daily email, phone, and text updates to our contractor customers, suppliers and general contractors on their purchase statuses.
- Maintain existing accounts to ensure all required documents for existing contractors, projects, and purchase requests are accurate and up to date at any given time.
- Serve as a point of contact to contractors for questions related to their purchases, the Billd product, and financing terms.
- Underwrite the purchase or Pay App, set up accounts payable, and communicate with the contractor, general contractor, and supplier to ensure a seamless purchasing process.
- Work hand in hand with sales and underwriting teams to move purchases through the pipeline for funding.
- Regularly communicate both good and bad news to our contractor customers and suppliers.
- Support and contribute to the department's process improvement.
- Research and record business and personal background checks for all new contractors and effectively triage decisions at the margin that require escalation to administrative review.
- Research contractor and project information through third-party data providers to provide appropriate diligence for all contractors and project.
- Support internal projects; such as internal audits and updates to the internal, contractor, and supplier procedures.
- 3+ years in account management, customer success, underwriting, or contract management roles
- The ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment across different functional departments includes sales teams, finance, legal and compliance, and customer care.
- Urgency is critical in this role, ability to act with urgency and tactful follow up via phone, email and text
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Preferred to have familiarity with technology tools used by the company such as Salesforce, Box, Microsoft Office Suite, LexisNexis, Experian credit reports
Read Full Job Description