Account Services Representative at BigCommerce
BigCommerce’s mission is to help merchants sell more at every stage of growth, from small startups, to mid-market businesses to large enterprises. We focus on being the best ecommerce platform so our customers can focus on what matters most: growing their businesses.
We are equally passionate about growing our employee’s careers and providing them an incredible experience as we rapidly expand across the globe. We are proud to have been recognized numerous times for our product and workplace culture. We empower our people and customers to build, innovate and grow, so together we can redefine the ecommerce industry.
BigCommerce, named a 2021 "Best Place to Work" in Austin, is looking for an Account Services Representative for our Austin Four Points Office to support our customers’ billing and account issues. You will use your unparalleled customer service skills to help our customers lead their service plans, billing, and account-related questions via our phone and ticketing systems. You will be expected to be a standout colleague who can recognize the various values and opportunities presented by your peers, work with them, challenge against them, and celebrate each other's success. The right candidate will possess strong customer service skills, with unsurpassed communication and soft skills.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide outstanding, rapid-response email and phone-based support to our customers, as well as internal support to various teams and partners
- Review and create refund and credit requests, working with our Billing team to have them processed
- Respond to requests in our ticketing system and follow-up with the Billing organization while proactively keeping customers updated on the status of their issue
- Research and resolve client account, invoice, payment, and other questions
- Process cancellations, downgrades, upgrades, etc.
- Assist with general operational projects and issues as needed
- Assist the Product and Engineering team with questions around the Billing software and related components and ensure the appropriately accommodate merchant needs
Who You Are:
- At least 6 months experience in customer support within a fast-paced, dynamic environment; experience in a phone, email, or chat-based technical support or customer service contact center preferred
- A work ethic that demonstrates dedication to the company, its mission, personal pride, and the team; a desire to work in a culture of excellence
- Experience with Salesforce, Five9, JIRA, and billing systems a plus
- Ambitious, self-motivated, goal-oriented and extremely driven; ability to apply self service resources
- An eagerness to learn and adapt to changing business practices
- Exceptional critical thinking and verbal/written soft skills with experience in deescalating frustrated or difficult customers; fast and accurate typing speeds
- Dedicated team player interested in growing and competing alongside some of the best support agents in the business, willingness to help others grow and seek help from peers to enhance potential
- Must be flexible to shift work and occasional overtime in a 24x7, 365 environment
This description is intended to serve as a summary of key duties and responsibilities and may not contain a comprehensive list of activities.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the interview process, to perform essential job functions and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. If you need an accommodation in order to interview at BigCommerce, please let us know during any of your interactions with our recruiting team.
Learn more about the BigCommerce team, culture and benefits at https://careers.bigcommerce.com.