Acquisition Account Manager
The Property Management (PM) Acquisition Account Manager is key to generating new business for the Property Manager channel for all NA and US Vrbo brands. You will research opportunities and pitch HomeAway’s suite of solutions to Property Managers in order to acquire new supply in the assigned territory. You will help new suppliers be competitive in the Vrbo marketplace with optimization recommendations before handoff to an account manager.
- Communication: adapt your communication style by quickly reading partner reactions and mood
- Relationship Management: understand partners and customize engagement approaches; you uncover and pursue value-add opportunities for them
- Partner Advocacy: demonstrate a “partner-first” mindset and create “win-win” situations while showing a bias-to-action by actively engaging and following up with stakeholders until issues are resolved
- Planning & Quality Delivery: demonstrate accountability to meet assigned tasks and goals, you know how to prioritize and you demonstrate a willingness and capability to take on additional tasks
- Data Driven Business Acumen: use software, data and tools to conduct analysis and derive insights; translate insights into actionable improvements or growth opportunities
- Expertise Development: can quickly build and maintain expertise in HomeAway offerings and the vacation rental market
- Continuous Improvement and Agility: proactively give and seek feedback and you are willing to learn and adopt agile principles, embrace changes, learn from failures and look for improvement.
- Internal Collaboration: work well with cross-functional teams
- Able to articulate the concept of Sales Funnel and how you would manage a Pipeline
What You'll Do
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Work directly with manager and team and communicate strategic plans, goals and objectives
- Research and profile targeted companies to identify key contacts & uncover opportunities
- Manage relationships both externally with prospects, partners, appropriate industry professionals and internally with cross-functional teams, to meet business objectives
- Place outbound calls to database prospects, prospective customer lists, channel partner leads, to meet business objectives
- Be an expert in objection handling methods, prospecting strategies and closing techniques
- Promote software integration, PPS/ PPB and alternative solutions to vacation rental property managers
- Conduct call campaigns to support company-wide business initiatives
- Grasp technology service solutions and maintain an understanding of our marketplace, including competitors
- Identify and articulate prospect's needs, expectations and priorities
- Document every touch point with customer and prospect database via Salesforce.com
- Attend trade shows and other industry events to support acquisition goals
- Sales & Pipeline Management
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Track record of achieving sales quotas
- CRM software (e.g. Salesforce)
- MS Excel (analyzing spreadsheets and charts)
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years B2B sales (new business)
- Vacation Rental Industry experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of SalesForce and videoconferencing tools
- Vacation Rental Industry experience preferred
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits.
- Competitive salary.
- Annual target bonus or commission.
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility).
- Paid vacation and sick time.
- Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- Free snacks and beverages.
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
- Free listing on Vrbo.com.
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk.
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass.
- Casual dress.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.