Agency Training Manager at Hippo Insurance
Role: Agency Training Manager
Location: Austin, TX
Reports To: Director of Agency Operations
Hippo is modernizing the $100B home insurance industry by putting customers at the center of everything we do, from the coverage we offer to the customer service we provide. Hippo’s true ambition lies in helping people protect their homes to begin with by leveraging technology and data to help find small issues before they become big headaches. Because, at the end of the day, the best home insurance policy is the one you never have to use.
Hippo treats its team members with the same level of dedication and care as we do our customers. Our CEO, Assaf Wand, views this company as an opportunity to care for one another like a family, which is why we’re fortunate to provide all of our Hippos with:
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly).
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Little Hippos Program- We reimburse our team members up to $25k for adoption costs and up to $50k for infertility treatments. Plus, we offer 12 weeks parental leave for primary caregivers and 6 weeks for secondary caregivers.
- Hippo Meals & Snacks- We cater lunch in our office 3 times a week and we provide all the snacks & drinks our Hippos can handle daily.
- Hippo Habitat- Our beautiful, historic offices are located in downtown Austin at the corner of 6th & Congress.
About This Role
This Agency Training Manager would be responsible for facilitating training and providing ongoing support to our Agency Partners. This person will be vital to the success of these partnerships by being a resource to them and driving sales through education. They will help us keep our partners up to date with any changes or enhancements to our product.
- You’ve got experience selling property insurance and you are excited about Hippo’s forward-thinking approach to insuring homeowners
- You have ample experience presenting to and teaching agents how to maximize their potential
- You genuinely love helping others succeed and are willing to do whatever it takes to make sure people have answers to their questions
- An expert in web-based training techniques
Training and Training Coordination
- Train agency partners to fully understand and advocate Hippo’s products, services, competitive advantages and value proposition
- Leverage technology to host remote training for our agency partners minimizing the need for travel
- Keep agencies up to date with product and service enhancements and rate changes
- Market available training to agency partners and provide necessary information about sessions
- Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on sales
- Research and recommend new training methods, like gamification
Agency Marketing and Communications
- Maintain consistent and systematic contact with assigned agencies to troubleshoot, identify and address obstacles
- Increase engagement and production from less-active agency partners
- Develop and maintain strong agency relationships through exceptional customer service and knowledge of our product and service capabilities
- 5+ years of experience in a selling or training role within Property Insurance
- Property & Casualty License is required
- Knowledge of adult learning & training best practices
- Self-motivated and directed; ability to collaborate is a must, but you will be autonomous and expected to succeed without heavy direction
- Strong intellectual curiosity and a desire to help others solve problems
- Flexible and willing to do what is needed to get great work done
- A natural inclination to work within a culture that is fast-paced and dynamic
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Hippo is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to building a team culture that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
Hippo’s applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to an applicant’s disability or need for accommodation. Any Hippo applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Hippo’s People Team to make the need for an accommodation known.