Associate Account Executive at MongoDB (Austin, TX)
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $119B+ by 2025!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
We're looking for a hardworking Associate Account Executive who will be responsible for both assisting in new business (unit) acquisition and driving additional consumption across our strategic customers. The Associate Account Executives will work cohesively with the Strategic Account Director and other internal departments to improve the velocity of business and to build solutions that serve the best interests of our customers at MongoDB. Join a growing sales team with tremendous upside for growth. We value high aptitude and positive outlook over experience, so if you feel like you are the right fit for this dynamic team, please contact us!Responsibilities
- Work with the Strategic Account Director to develop and lead inbound and outbound campaigns from idea-generation through to qualified call and close
- Develop strong sales and product knowledge
- Interact with IT and business decision makers via telephone and email
- Become trusted advisor to help improve overall product engagement and meet your customer's business objectives and growth plans
- Nurture early phase opportunities for future pipeline potential
- Drive incremental consumption and retention within existing accounts by identifying new use cases and enabling feature adoption
- Work with Marketing to conduct seminars, assist with trade shows, and other marketing related events
- Invest in your self-development, focusing on the skills and attributes that will make you successful in your core role and get you set for future success
- This is a 12-24 month inside sales and business development role with an expected path into our field sales organization
- 2+ years of experience in Sales or customer-facing role; database or software preferred
- Proven history of consistent goal achievement in a highly competitive environment (top 10% performer) and promotions within the same organization
- An ideal candidate will be someone who is looking after a Fortune 100 company
- Energetic, upbeat, entrepreneurial, tenacious teammate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience using Salesforce.com
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Familiarity with database, SaaS, and open source technology a plus
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is committed to providing any necessary accommodations for individuals with disabilities within our application and interview process. To request an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter.
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.