Austin Sales Leader at Cloudflare
At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the world’s largest networks that powers trillions of requests per month. Cloudflare protects and accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance and a decrease in spam and other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer and named to Entrepreneur Magazine’s Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious and empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves and learning new skills, and we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse and inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential and support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the Department
Account Executives, Business Development Representatives, Solution Engineers, Customer Success, and Sales Operations - all working together help our customers adopt Cloudflare and create great Internet-enabled experiences.
The sales team at Cloudflare helps customers solve real, technical problems while creating the revenue streams that help the company provide free service to millions in our community.
Austin, TX is an important growth hub for Cloudflare. We are looking for a Head of Austin Sales to help us build our customer facing presence to accelerate growth. The Austin Sales Leader will be responsible for driving Cloudflare's revenue in a matrix reporting structure, but will be the heart and soul of the Austin Sales office empowering all the local teams (AE, BD, SE, CSM).
What you’ll do
We’re looking for someone who has extensive sales and management experience who can help to scale this team and at the same time preserve our collaborative culture. Over the next year our team will rapidly scale and that will bring with it new challenges including helping to develop a growing team of extraordinary managers.
- Drive sales growth through successful leadership, organizational planning, customer service, and outstanding execution of all regional go-to-market programs (sales, customer success, solutions engineering, business development, and field marketing).
- The Head of Austin Sales will carry the quota of all the quota carrying members of the Austin office. This role will be matrix managed. Collaboration, Consensus building and leadership by example are key requirements for this position.
- Grow and build the Austin team (Trusted Experts) and drive the local hiring needs for Austin by working with global functional leadership and recruiting resources, Ensure we have proper leadership development-succession planning in place across all teams.
- Design, build and execute GTM strategies for Austin in collaboration with regional and global functional leaders.
- Interject as the single point of contact for all Austin sales operational concerns, ensuring proper and timely escalation and resolution.
- Outstanding leadership - inspiring interpersonal effectiveness to lead teams, develop talent and effect change. Willing and able to be a “doer” and “influencer”.
- Drive business cadence for forecast calls, functional review meetings, deal review, customer account reviews, weekly team meetings and periodic company-wide kick offs.
- Drive accurate forecasting and excellent Salesforce hygiene in collaboration with SaleOps.
- Grow and accelerate the sales funnel by developing a data-driven, outbound selling approach within our ICP in collaboration with functional leadership.
Examples of desired skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Minimum 10 years sales leadership experience preferably in the technology industry with Software, Security, Networking or Cloud/SaaS experience.
- Experience building a successful customer facing organization at scale with an agile start-up mentality.
- Experience is developing and mentoring a team to help them overachieve by building sales processes and systems for career growth.
- Knowledge navigating and working with large Enterprise IT organizations working with CISO’s.
- Seasoned sales professional with a strong track record of managing and closing deals, a manager who can lead from the front.
- Good understanding of Cloud environments and market trends with a passion for learning and enabling team members.
- Authentic and transparent individual who acts with integrity with all constituents (employees, customers, partners, etc.).
- Embodies the leader of a sales and engineering culture that is truly customer-centric yet highly achievement focused.
- Has excelled and worked for market leaders in either Software, Networking, Security, Cloud/SaaS, or CDN vendors / providers.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher required.
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
We’re not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. We’re a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free and open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically and artistically important organizations and journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflare’s enterprise customers--at no cost.
Athenian Project: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state and local governments have the highest level of protection and reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information and voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something you’d like to be a part of? We’d love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and place great value in both diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at [email protected] or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.