Business Development Director at Kazoo
Kazoo is the only all-in-one people management solution in the market that takes recognition, engagement, and performance and delivers them in one powerful platform. Through its Recognition & Rewards, Performance Management, and Surveys offerings, Kazoo is an award-winning, employee-first solution that increases productivity, retention, and revenue, and enables companies to build a purpose-driven culture of high engagement and high performance. With over 500 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters. Kazoo is when work is working.
Our approach is employee-driven, not top-down. We built our platform, and our company, with a promise to give employees what they need to deeply engage in their work and with their colleagues, and to drive results for the company. Our focus is on building teams, cross-functional collaboration, and purposeful perks. We practice transparency, provide a culture of continuous feedback, and promote regular service to our community.
Overview of the role:
We are looking for a bright, driven professional with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our fast-growing, mission-driven company. The Business Development Director will be responsible for developing and executing the strategy that will drive sustainable growth and retention of partners in the Human Capital Ecosystem.
What awesome stuff you'll do:
- You will act as the strategic point of contact in sourcing new Ecosystem partners, coordinating the involvement of internal stakeholders (including product, technology & marketing) in order to meet account performance objectives and client expectations.
- Establish trusted, professional relationships with key leaders both in Kazoo and with partners in order to build a deep understanding of the business.
- Articulate and align the Kazoo value proposition through the use of a consultative, solutions-based approach to identify and execute on growth opportunities for Kazoo.
- Work on key strategic projects in other areas in the business as needed; including but not limited to: mergers & acquisitions, business integration and other ad-hoc value creation projects.
- 5 -8 years of experience in a strategic or business development role
- Ability to quickly express an opinion, carry out design and implementation discussions with individuals of different level of expertise, experience and knowledge
- Ability to build credible and influential Executive-level relationships.
- Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills with proven ability to effectively engage with and present to senior level executives.
- Demonstrated leadership and collaboration in driving results with teams in the pursuit of sales and account engagement objectives.
- Client focused, self-directed, and motivated.
- Ability to navigate in complex platforms, understand current and future business requirements and translate into understanding of customer needs and sales opportunities.
- Excellent analytical and issue resolution skills.
Bonus points for:
- SAAS Experience
- HR Technology Exposure
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 11 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.