Business Development Leader
Why YOU want this position
Drillinginfo delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. Our solutions deliver value across the entire energy value chain, empowering customers to be more agile, efficient and competitive. The range of energy industry participants we serve includes exploration and production (E&P) companies and related businesses such as oilfield services, midstream, capital markets, power generators and utilities, energy traders, and downstream commercial & industrial energy consumers.
Drillinginfo has a career opportunity for a Business Development Leader -- the starting line for all prospective customers as they begin their partnership with Drillinginfo. This role is that of motivator, team builder, people developer for the critical team responsible for qualifying leads generated by marketing. You’ll identify strategies and programs for more effectively converting leads to sales opportunities, recruit and train team members and make data driven decisions that directly impact the business. You’ll be responsible for creative problem solving and working with sales and marketing to drive revenue for the business. You will call the leads and successfully convert them in to opportunities for sales to follow-up on. This position will require some cold calling.
Competitive compensation package including variable comp tied to results and full benefits.
- Report directly to the Director of Marketing
- Lead a team of 17 (and growing) demand generation reps (5 direct reports).
- Motivate the team to follow up up on lead generation and convert leads to opportunities for sales follow up
- Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential customers to do business with the company.
- Drive demand gen rep success; monitor activity and progress
- Assign team members to segments, ensure alignment to business needs
- Collaborate with marketing and sales
- Recruit, train and develop new talent
- Build new processes for acquisition portfolios and work arounds or best practices pre integration.
- Continually plan for organizational growth
- Work with sales partners to understand needs and develop plans to support growth targets
- Support multiple business units/segments
- Sales - Inbound lead calls
Competitive Candidate Profile
If you’ve got a passion for building relationships and developing people, understanding of a sales funnel process, prior experience qualifying leads, and 8+ years’ experience in sales, marketing or business development; if you are a strong problem solver and excited by actions that lead to results, then this is the right career move for you.
- 8+ years combined experience in roles in inbound sales, demand generation, business development
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams and recruit and manage people
- Passion for driving results
- Passion for Sales
- Understanding of the sales funnel, establishment of comp plans
- Strong relationship building and problem solving.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com
- Experience working with Salesloft a plus
- Four-year degree in Marketing, Advertising, English, or related field. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
- MS Office Suite
- Superior writing skills
- Sandler or other sales training a plus.
- You’re looking for a challenge and an opportunity to lead a growing team
- You want to see the business impact you make through motivating the team and driving results.
- You're strong enough to handle ambiguity, but still able to execute;
- You’re right at home in a small and fast-growing organizational structure;
- You are strategic but not above handling the tactics
- You are a creative problem solver
- You know when to ask questions and how to get the job done without all the answers;
- You have exceptional communication skills
- You are a proven collaborator and build amazing relationships with colleagues across the organization
- You have the ability to make your case
- You can quickly and effectively understand the business challenge and provide strategic solutions to solve them
- You’re adaptable
- You thrive in a fast-paced, growth environment
- You have exceptional prioritization skills
- You like cold calling for sales