Business Development Manager, Global Omnichannel Partnerships (Remote) at BigCommerce
BigCommerce is disrupting the e-commerce industry as the SaaS leader for fast- growing, mid-market businesses. We enable our customers to build intuitive and engaging stores to support every stage of their growth.
BigCommerce, named "Best Place to Work" in Austin, TX in 2020 is looking for a Business Development Manager, Global Omnichannel Partners. As a Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for identifying and onboarding leading partner solutions to our technology partner program in order to help BigCommerce merchants adopt Omnichannel Partners to fuel their growth and success. You will collaborate with the Omnichannel Partner Manager team to meet revenue targets by crafting a scalable business development and legal framework that can be used for OMNI partners with the goals of:
- Identifying partners that can deliver growth to BC merchants and PSR/MRR growth to BigCommerce
- Helping build the partner business cases and identify the best integration approach
- Delivering signed partner agreements and prepare partners for successful joint-GTM.
In this partner- and legal-facing role you will be the primary point of contact within the Omnichannel Technology Partnerships team for our cross-functional counterparts in OMNI, GTM and Legal. In this senior Individual Contributor role, you will also be responsible for meeting PSR and MRR revenue targets in bringing new Omnichannel solution partners to the BigCommerce merchant base, in partnership with the OMNI BD/legal Team.
You ideally have a commerce / omnichannel / partnerships / program management background and bring an ability to communicate and collaborate with a broad range of partners, including both internal and external senior executives. Most importantly, you are revenue oriented, a self-starter, with a consistent record of providing problem-solving leadership and meeting revenue targets via solutions-based consultative sales best-practices.
This position can be performed in Austin, TX, or remotely, depending upon which location the applicant chosen for the role is currently residing. The candidate must live within the US.
What you will do:
- Demonstrate your knowledge of eCommerce, combined with your marketing, communication and analytical abilities to help define, negotiate and launch strategic partners to our merchants
- Collaborate closely with leadership and others in the company to build out an outstanding partner ecosystem that drives outsized growth for our merchants.
- Along with Partner Marketing, Product & Engineering, Creative, PR and other teams, you will launch new partners into the BigCommerce ecosystem that fit within our “4 Pillars of Omnichannel Success” strategy
- Actively drive awareness and excitement of BigCommerce within our partner organizations, and their customers, via GTM content, enablement, campaigns or events and more.
- Own a revenue line item; be creative and proactive to achieve it
- Build excellent working relationships with all key business leaders, colleagues and broader team.
- Propose innovative concepts and promote new insights that help grow our merchants, partners and BigCommerce overall.
- Develop a detailed understanding of both BigCommerce (i.e. products, services, and value proposition) and of the key attributes of the best BigCommerce Strategic Partners.
- Develop and maintain accurate reports including pipeline, forecast, leads, opportunities and closed won reports.
- Travel occasionally to meet with partners/merchants to develop key relationships and/or provide consultative support to internal teams.
Who you are:
- Has 4-5 years of related experience with a demonstrated ability negotiating partnerships (incl. directly collaborating with legal teams), coordinating and crafting GTM launch programs and are comfortable balancing multiple global programs at once to drive merchant success.
- Has a passion for and experience with the ecommerce industry, including understanding the partner mix, merchant needs and industry trends.
- Has experience with or a strong curiosity about digital media (eg. Google, Facebook, TikTok, Snap, Pinterest, etc.) and/or data analytics space (eg. CDPs, data warehouses, web analytics, etc.)
- Has a consultative sales mind that flourishes with challenges and has a validated history of successfully and consistently achieving revenue quotas and objectives, preferably in the mid-market or enterprise space.
- A strong salesperson who will be the role-model of excellence for the team. Your experience will allow you and others to strategically negotiate wins internally and externally while maintaining positive relationships.
- A master communicator with excellent communication (written and verbal), presentation, and client/partner relationship skills.
- Cool under pressure and able to remain collected and focused given how quickly the industry tends to evolve.
- Analytical with an eye for business, along with the ability to provide consistent, accurate forecasts.
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in marketing, business or similar field strongly preferred.
- Able to travel as needed.