Business Development Manager
As the Business Development Manager at Worksmith you will train, manage and grow a talented team of Business Development Representatives. Our BDR team is tasked with generating a qualified and engaged pipeline of potential clients - your role will be to guide and coach your team to achieve those goals and develop in their careers. As a leader within Business Development, you will collaborate with other departments (Marketing, Sales, Account Management) to develop the sales development strategy, establish effective processes, and drive key initiatives to achieve our team and company growth objectives.
Day to Day you will:
- Carry and exceed your team’s monthly quota
- Recruit, interview, and hire excellent BDRs
- Sit with the team and coach them on call and email best practices
- Onboard and train BDRs to develop sales skills and deep product knowledge
- Build, scale and monitor the team’s processes, goals and metrics
- Build confidence and trust with your direct reports as well as provide developmental feedback for continuous improvement
- Report, track, and manage sales activities and results using Salesforce.com
- Proactively identify and launch initiatives to drive both new business development growth and operational excellence
- Work closely with Marketing & Sales to ensure lead quality, quantity, and proper follow up
- Develop/coach team members in their careers towards future roles in Sales, Marketing, or Customer Success
- Design and build a modern lead generation tool stack, including Salesforce, Linkedin, and Salesloft
- Develop additional sales and inbound marketing training programs that support the needs of the BDR and Sales teams
- 3+ years direct selling experience as a quota bearing BDR/SDR in a B2B environment
- History of consistently exceeding quotas and expectations
- SaaS/Marketplace software company experience a plus
- Experience designing, iterating on, and implementing successful BDR processes
- Previous management experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Based in Austin, TX
The right candidate:
- Loves training and coaching, and is excited to make their team more successful and effective
- Can adapt easily in a rapidly-changing environment
- Displays a self-motivated drive to continuously improve
- Is motivated to not only achieve but exceed expectations
- Is relentlessly positive and has a hard-working attitude
- Is organized and highly detail-oriented
What we offer:
- A work-hard, play-hard culture with an entrepreneurial approach
- Competitive compensation including stock options
- 85% contribution towards health and dental benefits
- Flexible vacation policy
- Opportunities that accompany a high-growth organization
- Casual, fun work environment: we enjoy team lunches, happy hours, and ACL Festival
Worksmith is transforming the way high end brands manage their in-person customer experience by revolutionizing the store experience (Store XM). Our software-enabled marketplace seamlessly connects retailers, restaurants, salons, etc. with local service providers across the US and Canada to create store environments that reflect their brand.
Worksmith’s software saves time, money and headaches: for clients, Worksmith provides the peace of mind of knowing any emergency or recurring maintenance need is being handled efficiently and effectively by the Worksmith network.
For service providers, Worksmith is an easy-to-use, pay-for-performance marketing vehicle that provides job opportunities without the hassle of sales and marketing, billing or collections. Our platform provides the means for local service providers to dramatically grow their business: the top-performing service provider made over $160,000 through Worksmith in 2018.
If you’re ready and willing to roll up your sleeves, now is the time to join us! We’ve called the plays, set our sights on company-wide goals, and are determined to achieve them. This is an exciting opportunity to grow the company and your career along with it.