Business Development Representative (Cloud Development Representative) (Austin, TX)
We Elev8 each other. We Advoc8 for our partners. We Innov8 continuously. We Celebr8 life.
No matter who you are, Pax8 is a place you can call home. We know there's no such thing as a "perfect" candidate, so we don't look for the right " fit " - instead, we look for the add.We encourage you to apply for a role at Pax8 even if you don't meet 100% of the bullet points.Webelieve in cultivating an environment with a diversity of perspectives, in hopes that we can all thrive in an inclusive environment.
We are only as great as our people. And we have great people all over the world. No matter where you live and work, you're a part of the Pax8 team. This means embracing hybrid- and remote-work whenever possible.
This posting is for a potential future opening; the Account Management team hires regularly.
You may get an email soon!
Be a Cloud Wingman/Wingwoman to our partners. Recruit Pax8 Partners and help them develop their cloud business.
The Cloud Development Representative (CDR) is someone with sales or business development experience. He/she recruits Pax8 Partners from the Cloud Generation Team, helps assess Partner and customer needs, provides demo presentations, on-boards new partners into the Pax8 Platform, and manages the partner account through their first transaction before introducing them to a CAM to grow their account.
This encompasses all levels of CDR.
We love our Partners, and our Partners love us. We help them build revenue and succeed with cloud services. A typical day involves speaking with customers and Partners to identify needs for Pax8 cloud services.
Essential Responsibilities (includes, but is not limited to): Percentage of Time Spent:
1. Run all Cloud Business Development for new partners to Pax8 100%
- Run Partner Recruitment calls to speak with Partners who are looking to develop their cloud business with Pax8
- Establish 90-day Partner Road Map (Qualify and build opportunities for Partners who are looking to grow their cloud services)
- Follow up with vendor referral leads who want to partner with Pax8 and qualify their business needs in order to transact
- Register partners for Pax8 educational events and sell education resources through Pax8 Academy
- Facilitate Partner On-boarding Calls (platform set up, unlock partner shells, purchase $0 SKUs, integrate PSA tools, etc.)
- Manage Partner Account through first transaction before handoff to CAM or continue CDR nurture account management
- Score Partner Account and execute Partner Handoff calls with appropriate CAM/Account team to grow the Partner Account moving forward
Ideal Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Display leadership skills by demonstrating a high standard of customer service skills and conveying a professional, yet friendly demeanor
- Critical thinking and interpersonal skills are a must, as well as flexibility to perform certain tasks effectively and within occasional time constraints
- Ability to thrive in an energetic, competitive atmosphere
- Ability to be a team player that is accountable for results
- Ability to consistently achieve revenue targets
- Experience handling cold calling and opportunity qualification
- Ability to take ownership and manage sales cycle, identify prospects, and close new business with the primary goal of driving revenue and increasing Pax8 market share
- Acquire and/or demonstrate a solid understanding of business technology products and services for categories such as Security, Data Management, Collaboration, Hosted Communications, Mobility, Business Productivity, and Infrastructure
- Ability to learn and utilize the Pax8 sales methodology
- Ability to build relationships with sales teams to build strategies around new sales opportunities
- Ability to identify and understand the prospect's business objectives and come across as a cloud technology expert that can provide business solutions to resolve the prospect's pain points
Required Education & Certifications:
- B.S./B.A. degree in Business, Marketing, Finance or related field; or equivalent work experience
Professional office environment. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copy machines, printers, and filing cabinets.
Occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Must frequently lift and/or move up to ten (10) pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Infrequent travel is expected
- Qualified candidates can expect an on target earnings beginning at 65,000 (base/commission) or more depending on experience
*Note: Compensation is benchmarked on local Denver Metro area market rates. Qualified candidates in other locations can expect a salary package that may be adjusted based off applicable cost of wages in their respective location.
At Pax8 we believe that your Total Rewards should include a benefits package that shows how much we value our greatest assets. All FTE Pax8 people enjoy the following benefits:
- Non-Commissioned Bonus Plans or Variable Commission
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employer Paid Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance
- Flexible, Open Vacation
- Paid Sick Time Off
- Extended Leave for Life events
- RTD Eco Pass (For local Colorado Employees)
- Career Development Programs
- Stock Option Eligibility
- Employee-led Resource Groups
Pax8 is an EEOC Employer.