Business Development Representative
Saba Software is a cloud-based talent development platform that delivers a continuous employee development experience - from personalized training and collaboration to real-time coaching, goal setting, and feedback. Saba is a global leader with close to $300M US in revenue, with 1,400 employees in 17 countries, serving more than 4,000 customers, and over 33 million end users. Named a Leader in the Talent Development/Management Technology Value Matrix 2018 report from Nucleus Research, Saba Software was voted a winner in the 2018 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for in the Nation.
At Saba, our mission is to help organizations around the world continuously develop and inspire their people, because we know that when you create a culture of engagement, business performance follows. Through the power of the Saba platform, healthcare organizations save lives, airlines secure travel, auto manufacturers design more efficient cars, hotels create better guest experiences, and charitable organizations get emergency help to people in need.
As we continue to grow as an organization, we’re looking for a Business Development Representative to help us identify sales opportunities and develop strong partnerships with major accounts.
What you’ll do on any given day:
Like any high performing team member, a Business Development Representative is measured by effective outreach activity and qualification resulting in opportunity generation, so in partnership with our marketing and sales teams, you’ll be finding and engaging new prospects through inbound lead follow up, outbound prospecting and social selling.
An average day will consist of research with advanced tools, personable phone calls and tailored email outreach to identify key stake holders and potential initiatives, as well as database management (data hygiene, data intelligence and append) for key accounts. You’ll help improve market intelligence and maximize opportunities for new products and services through extensive account research, database enhancement and strategic outreach.
- Gain deeper market and account penetration with major accounts by mapping potential opportunities (services, solutions, etc.)
- Effectively identify and communicate with C-level decision makers, demonstrate an understanding of their challenges, their unique market dynamics and the specific needs of various account influencers
- Uncover additional opportunities by working with our Account Executives and marketing teams to develop and execute targeted plans of action – going beyond current contacts/installed products.
- You want to be part of a rapidly-growing company and play a role in creating the future of work.
- You want the flexibility and culture of a start-up with the security (and benefits) of a well-funded organization.
- You want to work with an innovative fun, flexible and collaborative team.
- You have ideas, and you love the thought of being able to test them to see if they work.
- You want to be recognized for your contributions and be connected to the bigger picture.
- You want to develop your skills, help others develop theirs, and working with the people who invented the best corporate learning and career development solutions on the planet sounds pretty awesome.
What would make me a good fit for this role?
- 2-3 years of direct B2B inside sales or business development experience (preferably in SaaS)
- Experience effectively reaching and communicating with C-level executives, budgetary decision makers and project stakeholders
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales targets
- Proficiency with SFDC, MS Office and familiarity with sales acceleration tools.
- Proficiency with research, databases and developing territory plans.
- Articulate + compelling phone, email and social communications.
- Natural curiosity and continuous learning mindset.
- Ability to quickly synthesize and put to use new information.
- Self-starter who takes initiative.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with excellent telephone skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- If you can start with a company name and create a map of who in that company chooses vendors in any given region - we want to talk to you.
What does the interview involve?
The first step will be a chat with the Talent Acquisition team. We will give you a broad overview of the role, team, and company and then give you an opportunity to drive the conversation. What we will be looking for is your ability to discover, control and close. We’ll be looking to see if you ask good questions, actively listen, own the conversation and ask for next steps. Based on this conversation, candidates who exhibit a high potential to be successful in this role will be contacted for further conversations with the hiring manager.
Base + individual performance based variable
Benefits and Perks!
Benefits include health/dental/vision, optional ancillary coverage options, ClassPass and Working Advantage memberships, matching 401k as well as a flexible vacation policy. The Saba ATX location features an on site gym, employee lounge, complimentary coffee/espresso/beverages/snacks and fun events throughout the year.