Business Development Representative at Expedia Group
The Business Development Representative will generate new business leads for the NA Acquisition Sales Team to support monthly & quarterly sales goals. Key functions include driving the development of leads from multiple sources and hand-off of qualified opportunities to an Acquisition Account Manager. Tasks will include varying degrees of cold prospecting, discovery, qualifying leads, and handling inbound leads. To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience developing leads for a sales team. You must be able to multitask, lead multiple projects, be motivated, results-driven, and enjoy working in a team environment.What you'll do:
- Establish weekly, monthly & quarterly lead development strategies
- Conduct call campaigns to support Acquisition Team AND company-wide business initiatives
- Analyse & profile targeted companies to identify key contacts & uncover opportunities
- Use your creativity to find appropriate buyers within our target market, by identifying new lead sources outside of our existing client database. Examples might include: traditional or alternative advertising mediums, industry newsletters, PM Partner marketing, marketplace directories, VR networking groups, social media profiles, LinkedIn, competing OTR websites, real estate companies, etc.
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing & Strategy to target prospects within existing client database & beyond
- Be proficient in cold-calling, objection handling methods, prospecting strategies and closing techniques
- Conduct discovery with prospects, to uncover interest and develop into solid sales opportunities
- Grasp technology service solutions and maintain an understanding of our marketplace, including competitors
- Identify and articulate prospect's needs, expectations and priorities
- Conduct follow-up communications in order to qualify opportunities and move them into the sales funnel
- Report to management on lead follow-up through SFDC, ensuring leads are tracked correctly and consistently across the sales team
- Document every touchpoint with customer and prospect database via Salesforce.com
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 2 years B2B sales / lead development
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of SalesForce and videoconferencing tools preferred
- Vacation Rental Industry experience preferred
- Communication: adapt your communication style by quickly reading partner reactions and mood
- Relationship Management: understand partners and customize engagement approaches; you uncover and pursue value opportunities for them
- Partner Advocacy: demonstrate a “partner-first” mindset and create “win-win” situations while showing a bias-to-action by actively engaging and following up with partners until issues are resolved
- Planning & Quality Delivery: demonstrate accountability to meet assigned tasks and goals, you know how to prioritize and you demonstrate a willingness and capability to take on additional tasks
- Data Driven Business Insight: use software, data and tools to conduct analysis and derive insights; translate insights into actionable improvements or growth opportunities
- Expertise Development: can quickly build and maintain expertise in HomeAway offerings and the vacation rental market
- Continuous Improvement and Agility: proactively give and seek feedback and you are willing to learn and adopt agile principles, embrace changes, learn from failures and look for improvement.
- Internal Collaboration: work well with cross-functional teams
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive health and insurance benefits
- Competitive salary
- Annual target bonus or commission
- Parental leave for up to 20 weeks (dependent on eligibility
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free snacks and beverages
- Frequent company update talks with our leadership team
- Free listing on Vrbo.com
- Electronic, adjustable stand-up desk
- Discounted Metro & Rail pass
- Casual dress
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.About Vrbo
In 1995, Vrbo introduced a new way for people to travel together, pairing homeowners with families and friends looking for places to stay. We were grounded in one purpose: To give people the space they need to drop the distractions of everyday life and simply be together. Since then, we've grown into a global community of homeowners and travelers, with unique properties in 190 countries around the world. Vrbo makes it easy and fun to book cabins, condos, beach houses and every kind of space in between.
Vrbo is part of HomeAway and the Expedia Group family of brands and offers homeowners and property managers exposure to over 750 million visits to Expedia Group sites each month. To learn more, visit www.vrbo.com.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.