The name ThousandEyes was born from two big ideas: the power to see things not ordinarily possible and the ability to collect insights from a multitude of vantage points. As organizations rely more on cloud services and the Internet, the network has become a black box they can't understand. ThousandEyes gives organizations visibility into the now borderless network, arming them with an accurate understanding of how the network impacts their applications, users and customers. ThousandEyes is used by some of the world's largest and fastest growing brands, including all of the top 5 global software companies, 5 of the top 6 US banks, and 45 of the Fortune 500. ThousandEyes is backed by Sequoia Capital, Sutter Hill Ventures, Tenaya Capital, Google Ventures and Salesforce Ventures, with headquarters in San Francisco, CA.
About the Role:
As a Business Manager, you will be responsible for driving operational improvements across the organization. You will combine quantitative rigor and business acumen to identify business trends and opportunities, design optimal workflows, and introduce innovative capabilities to the business. You will work cross-functionally partnering both internally and externally to develop and execute the strategy for our Go-to-Market. In order to be effective in this role, you will need:
- Developed business acumen and the ability to successfully navigate and consult at varying levels across the organization
- Ability to pay attention to detail while handling multiple, simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Distinctive problem-solving and project management skills. Effective communication and facilitation skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Problem resolution: i.e. Proactive identification of issues. Mitigate challenges utilizing cross functional relationships.
- Pattern recognition: i.e. Analyze trends related to organizational performance in order to direct the organization's resources and identify organizational needs. Make recommendations back to the business based on trends.
- Sales Strategy: i.e., understanding of the components of a GTM, including marketing, sales, channel and customer success and the levers that impact revenue enablement
- Communicate & educate the organization on priorities: i.e. message changes and bridge the gap between the business and operations.
- Execute against strategic initiatives: i.e. Develop project and communication plans for strategic initiatives.
- Responsible for change management on key initiatives.
- Ensure the business complies with company policies; RoE, etc.
- Preparation and readiness for key deal reviews.
- Manage and provide visibility around leading indicators of future pipeline development and revenue generation (i.e. activity based measures).
- Manage monthly/quarterly business reviews, including key inputs for review.
- Develop a deep understanding of the supported business segments and teams.
- A bachelor’s degree in business, or related field.
- 5-7 years of increasingly responsible and complex work experience in business management, operations and/or strategy required.
- At least two years of prior supervisory experience is highly desirable.
- A professional background including experience planning and managing strategic and operational projects is also desired.
- Advanced communications skills, written, verbal and presentation. Demonstrated ability to deliver content.
- Able to apply effective process management and project management skills.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to focus on details. Desire to work with numbers and formulas.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of the sales process.
- Strong knowledge of key revenue generation indicators.
- Ability to identify and interpret trends in data and communicate findings.
- Strong skillset in drawing data-supported conclusions and building action plans to remedy negative impacts.
- Self-motivated and able to drive results independently.
- Able to build and maintain strong relationships based on trust and proven results.