In This Role, You Will:
- Manage all aspects of carrier bill processing, including account set up; collection of required carrier documents; bill review and audit; cash disbursement (wire transfers, ACH, and checks); review and follow up of AP agings; and carrier account reconciliations.
- Manage, develop and mentor the Carrier Relations Team, including our outsourced processing team, by setting job expectations, providing individual feedback and conducting routine performance reviews.
- Develop and mentor the Carrier Relations team by setting job expectations, providing individual feedback and conducting routine performance reviews.
- Develop employee training tools that detail clear policies and procedures.
- Manage resolution of billing problems; resolve non-routine, complex issues with internal and external customers.
- Provide reporting of unsettled totals and exceptions statuses.
- Review accounts payable agings and provide professional weekly status reports.
- Provide subject matter expertise regarding Arrive’s end-to-end order-to-cash processes and related systems (NetSuite, Hubtran, Accelerate).
- Make recommendations to improve the quality of invoicing and collection procedures.
- Plan and implement initiatives to significantly reduce cost per invoice processed.
- Review and approve or deny requests by carriers for payment terms.
- Next level approval for $5,000 - $10,000 VRA’s.
- Coordinate AP Unsettled meetings with Senior Carrier Managers.
The Ideal Candidate Is/Has:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- 3+ years experience supervising high volume AP in large complex organizations.
- Large ERP experience required, NetSuite experience preferred.
- Freight brokerage experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Suite, with an emphasis on Excel.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with excellent time management skills and a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- This position will manage 3-5 direct reports and oversight of 20-30 total team members.
- Work in the booming city of Austin, TX!
- Work alongside experts in the logistics industry.
- Take advantage of excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life coverage.
- Invest in your future with our matching 401K program.
- Leave the suit and tie at home; our dress code is casual.
- Eat for free on Fridays…lunch is on Arrive!
- Grab a bite at the delicious food trucks located at the MET center.
- Sweat it out using our on-site, state-of-the-art gym & yoga studio!
- Recharge your batteries at our fully-stocked caffeine bar.
- Soothe aches and pains with our monthly in-office massages!
- Get active at the MET Center’s hike and bike trails and disk golf course.
- Shoot some hoops at our basketball court or serve it up at our tennis court!