Channel Partner Manager at Kazoo
Kazoo is an all-in-one Employee Experience platform that combines recognition, performance, and engagement in one powerful solution. By bringing together Real-time Recognition & Rewards, Continuous Performance Management, and Employee Engagement Surveys, Kazoo’s employee-first solution enables companies to build purpose-driven cultures while increasing productivity, retention, and revenue. With over 600 global customers, the Kazoo platform puts actionable analytics in the hands of business leaders, connecting them to what really matters.
Overview of the Role:
We are looking for a bright, driven professional with an entrepreneurial spirit to join our fast-growing, mission-driven company. The Channel Partner Manager will be responsible for managing and growing some of core partner relationships and further penetrating sales teams and hitting assigned targets of partner companies in the Human Capital Ecosystem across both product and technology partners as well as consultative and services partners. This is a net new role in a growing partner organization.
What You'll Do:
- Establish trusted, professional relationships with key leaders both in Kazoo and with partners in order to build a deep understanding of the business. The role will be very cross functional, and you’ll report into the Head of Partnerships.
- Actively network and build relationships across partner sales teams, and procure direct leads and business in the SMB and enterprise markets from our partners
- Qualify partner referred sales opportunities, coordinating with internal teams to ensure pristine handoff to account execs, seeing each through from start to finish
- Meet assigned targets for sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts
- Understand and be able to speak to integration opportunities with partners, serve as the first line of defense in any partner disputes face, and possess the ability to comfortably discuss our API capabilities
- Articulate and align the Kazoo value proposition through the use of a consultative, solutions-based approach to identify and execute on growth opportunities for Kazoo with new partners or new growth opportunities with existing partners.
- Aid in and coordinate with the marketing team as partner marketing needs arise. This could include navigating budget concerns, arranging partner trainings, creating partner sales enablement materials, etc.
- Understand how to solve partner sales team’s problems and help them close more deals; Creatively assess and digest ways to make that happen and truly penetrate partner organizations in a way that creates a two way relationship.
- Increase revenue, lower risk, and improve customer experience through strategic partnerships; role to move beyond managing established partners and focus on sourcing new ones and owning ad hoc strategic projects as the partnerships org scales
What You'll Need To Be Successful:
3-5 years of experience in a sales, partnerships, or business development role.
Effective written, verbal, and presentation skills with proven ability to effectively engage with and present to senior level executives and large partner sales teams Demonstrated leadership and collaboration in driving results with teams in the pursuit of sales and account engagement objectives.
Client focused, self-directed, and motivated. Creative initiative-taker who can take something and run with it.
Ability to navigate in complex platforms, understand current and future business requirements and translate into understanding of customer needs and sales opportunities.
Ideally, 2+ years of quota-carrying sales experience or comparable experience.
Excellent analytical and issue resolution skills.
Possess sales chops and critical thinking ability to navigate complex HR technology companies and consultancies, inspiring Kazoo to be top of mind.
Ability to think creatively and construct new ideas for ways to generate additional partner business, present, get buy in, and see those ideas through
Understanding or aptitude to learn how partner orgs work; They are all different, and your interest and ability to find effective ways in the door will be key.
Willingness to travel up to 20% of the time (post-COVID; during COVID this role will be fully remote) to meet with partner teams, attend conferences, etc.
If you’ve reached this point in the job description and feel you’re still not sure if you should apply...Just do it! You may not have 100% of all those bullets listed above - and that's okay! We know there are no perfect applicants. If you’re feeling like you’re not going to fit in with our teams - that’s not okay. One of our company values is “Yes, &” - we believe in a diverse experience that allows us to build off the momentum of each other, so however you identity and whatever background you bring with you, we strongly encourage you to submit your application if this is a role you can be passionate about doing every day!
When you work at Kazoo, we provide competitive benefits to make your life better both in and out of the office, which include: health, dental and vision insurance; open vacation policy; flexible wfh policy; 12 paid holidays; 401k program; Stocked kitchen; Mac Laptop; Transportation/Parking Stipend; Generous Parental Leave; Fertility benefits; Breast milk delivery; EAP & more!
At Kazoo, diversity and inclusion are fundamental to how we grow and operate our business. We’re building a diverse workforce that cultivates and supports all individuals. We believe a culture of equality creates a stronger work environment for all employees and that we are all accountable for encouraging and celebrating diverse voices. Kazoo commits to promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in relation to, and across, intersections of race, age, color, disability, faith, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, social class, economic class, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, and all other identities represented among our diverse membership.
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer and non-binary people, veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Kazoo is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable accommodation at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.