Commercial Account Executive - South Central at Elastic
Elastic is a search company that powers enterprise search, observability, and security solutions built on one technology stack that can be deployed anywhere. From finding documents to monitoring infrastructure to hunting for threats, Elastic makes data usable in real time and at scale. Thousands of organizations worldwide, including Barclays, Cisco, eBay, Fairfax, ING, Goldman Sachs, Microsoft, The Mayo Clinic, NASA, The New York Times, Wikipedia, and Verizon, use Elastic to power mission-critical systems. Founded in 2012, Elastic is a distributed company with Elasticians around the globe. Learn more at elastic.coWhat You Will Be Doing:
- Building awareness and driving demand for Elastic solutions within designated regional accounts, by helping users and customers derive value from their data sets
- Serving as an evangelist for our Open Source offerings while communicating and demonstrating the capabilities of our commercial features
- Uncovering new and diverse applications use cases to enable our users to work smarter, not harder
- Collaborating across Elastic business functions to ensure a seamless customer experience
- Working thoughtfully with customers to identify new business opportunities, managing through the sales cycle and closing complex transactions
- Building a robust business plan through community, customer and partner ecosystems to achieve significant Elastic growth within your territory
- A track-record of success in selling SaaS subscriptions into multiple complex accounts, demonstrated by overachievement of quota and strong customer references
- A deep understanding and preferably experience selling into the ecosystem we live in, including Enterprise Search, Logging, Security, APM and Cloud
- The ability to build relationships and credibility with both Developers and Executives
- Predictable and accurate forecasting capabilities
- An appreciation for the Open Source go-to-market model and the community of users who rely on our solutions every single day
- Previous experience selling in an Open Source model
- Previous experience selling into the Commercial accounts included in this territory
We're looking to hire team members invested in realizing the goal of making real-time data exploration easy and available to anyone. As a distributed company, we believe that diversity drives our vibe! Whether you're looking to launch a new career or grow an existing one, Elastic is the type of company where you can balance great work with great life.
- Competitive pay based on the work you do here and not your previous salary
- Double your charitable giving - we match up to $1500 (or local currency equivalent)
- Global minimum of 16 weeks of parental leave (moms & dads)
- Generous vacation time and one week of volunteer time off
- Your age is only a number. It doesn't matter if you're just out of college or your children are; we need you for what you can do
Elastic is an Equal Employment employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. Elastic also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Elasticsearch, Inc. (“Elastic”) which is located at 800 W. El Camino Real, Suite 350 Mountain View, CA 94040 USA, and can be contacted by emailing [email protected] Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Elastic’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Elastic, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment. Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Elastic to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Elastic’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at [email protected] Elastic’s data protection officer is Felix Wittern, who can be contacted at [email protected] We plan to keep your data until our open role is filled. We cannot estimate the exact time period, but we will consider this period ended when a candidate accepts our job offer for the position for which we are considering you. When that period is over, we may keep your data for an additional period no longer than 3 years in case additional opportunities present themselves in which your skills might be better suited. For additional details, please see our Elastic Privacy Statement.